Honored Contributor

Re: White Coat Syndrome

[ Edited ]

@Starliteshine

I raced cars for many years and also competed in other types of individual and team competitions. If any athlete, pre-game/race say they aren't nervous?  They are joshing you and themselves. Heck, I seen many actually puuk before their event started!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Yes I have this too!  Dont like how I feel when I have to go to any appointment.

Esteemed Contributor

I have it as well and only last year and a half.   I think it is because I go in they are trying to shove a bunch of things at me that I refuse.  So now I say NO and don't ask again.   

The insurance companies are pushing this stuff fro Dr's to do.  The Dr.'s from I was told by my Pharmacist are given a bad grade if they do not do this stuff.  I am starting to feel like I am in another country.

I just read that over 40% of people are refusing the Flu shot.  LOL  I think that is a good thing, and notice that the Flu is not as bad this year.  People are finally wising up.

Esteemed Contributor

I have this and one obnoxious physician's assistant was throwing his weight around and told me I shouldn't be walking around my bp was so high.  Of course , that made me even more nervous.  The doctor wasn't concerned in the least.  It went down on my way out the door.  Some people working in the medical field don't think it exists I guess.

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

I just read that over 40% of people are refusing the Flu shot.  LOL  I think that is a good thing, and notice that the Flu is not as bad this year.  People are finally wising up.

40% of people are refusing the flu shot?  Where?

There is a lot of flu season left to think it's not as bad as last year.

I wised up 3 years ago and started getting a flu shot.

Esteemed Contributor

If it does go high at the office, it is also a good indication that you fluctuate and this could be your not exercising high.  Which is good information.