Esteemed Contributor

Re: Which disposable procedure/surgical type masks do you use and where did you buy them?

[ Edited ]

I tried them once and couldn't stand them. I will wear one and only one mask at a time and those are the ones I got from Old Navy. I saw a guy at the car wash yesterday wearing three masks. That is beyond ridiculous.

Respected Contributor

Re: Which disposable procedure/surgical type masks do you use and where did you buy them?

Found mine at Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market also Sam's !!!

Honored Contributor

I first bought disposable blue masks at Walmart.  They didn't fit my face very well and they made me itchy.  I was always tugging and scratching.

I found the blue masks at Home Depot and they're much better.  They are wider, fit better and don't make me itchy.  I think they are even less expensive, so that's where I plan on always getting them.  I have several cloth masks, but seldom wear them.

Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

I wear a 3ply surgical mask from Amazon, now I wear two together.

@Suziepeach which item number? I'm going crasy trying to figure out which ones are good and which aren't.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear the blue masks with a cloth mask over it as recommended.  I have been looking for a kn95 five ply mask with a nose wire and are not disposable.  I'd like washable ones.  Maybe kn95 masks can't be washed?  I'm just not finding them and have lost patience looking.

Esteemed Contributor

Crosstex brand ASTM Level 3 masks. Made in the US.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

I wear the blue masks with a cloth mask over it as recommended.  I have been looking for a kn95 five ply mask with a nose wire and are not disposable.  I'd like washable ones.  Maybe kn95 masks can't be washed?  I'm just not finding them and have lost patience looking.

@Biftu 

KN95 masks are made to be disposable b/c the fibers won't hold their structural integrity when cleaned or disinfected using conventional methods. KN95 masks are unique in that respect.  You can find washable 4, 5, and 6 layer masks on Amazon but even those have limited number of uses because the fibers breakdown and become ineffective. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

I wear a 3ply surgical mask from Amazon, now I wear two together.

@Suziepeach which item number? I'm going crasy trying to figure out which ones are good and which aren't.

@Mindy D 

My link was poofed- sorry.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Contributor

I had to go to Lowe's Building Supply today and they had a gazillion (so it seemed) masks of several kinds. Didn't need any so did not look at them closely. Just another place to look if you are having trouble finding masks.