Valued Contributor

Which Women's 50+ Multi-Vitamin Should I Take?

I've been taking Women's One-A-Day for years, but now that I'm in my 50's, I want to get the right vitamin for my age.

I looked at both One-A-Day Women's 50+ and Centrum Silver for Women and not sure which to choose.

From my research, a lot complained that One-A-Day had too much Vitamin A.   

Has anyone had experience with either of these brands?    I can't afford higher priced ones liked Andrew Lessman.

http://www.centrum.com/centrum-silver-women-50-plus

http://www.walmart.com/ip/One-a-Day-Women-s-50-Healthy-Advantage-Multivitamin-Multimineral-Supplemen...

Honored Contributor

Re: Which Women's 50+ Multi-Vitamin Should I Take?

I wouldn't focus on the right vitamin for your age as much as the right multi vitamin for your particular needs based on your last physical and bloodwork.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Whole Foods has a good multi-vitamin for women over 50.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I buy the women over 50 CVS brand ones - Buy one get one free. Dr checks my vit D & calcium levels regularly because of my renal disease and all my blood work is fine, so obviously I don't need to take any other vitamins. I do take hair, skin and nails - also from CVS and also BOGO.

Honored Contributor

My husband and I are both 60. We have been taking Source Naturals brand Life Force capsules for several years. It is a 4 cap a day multiple.  
Very happy with it.

Trusted Contributor

I love Andrew Lessman's Essential 1 multi-vitamins!!  Easy on the stomach, color free, preservative free and no fillers.

Respected Contributor

I finally found a multi-vitamin I could tolerate. Andrew Lessmans Essential 1. My mother tipped me off to these and have been taking them for about one year now. You can often find a good buy on his website or HSN. I highly recommend them and I definitely feel better taking them. For $49.99 and free shipping I order a half years supply. I have wasted so much $$ finding a vitamin I could tolerate.

Honored Contributor

I buy Equate brand from Walmart for 50+, same as Centrum Silver for a lot less pf a price tag. My DH and I both take it.

Respected Contributor

So here we have another scare...I just read from the Breastcancersite 10 facts about breast cancer...one of them was that women who take a multi-vitamin have greater instances of breast cancer.  Did not explain WHY.  Another was that most cancers are found in the left breast.  That may be true.  Mine was and so was 3 of my friends...So now we are not supposed to have a drink or take vitamins!

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I buy Equate brand from Walmart for 50+, same as Centrum Silver for a lot less pf a price tag. My DH and I both take it.

This is the same one that we take here, too.