Respected Contributor

Which Collagen Peptides are best? Andrew Lessman vs. Consult Beaute

[ Edited ]

I've been using AL Secure Marine Collagen Peptides (type 1 collagen) and need to re-order. I was thinking of trying his new free range one(bovine, type 3 collagen). I just saw a presentation for Consult Beauty Colla-Holla which contains both marine(type 1 collagen), bovine(type 3 collagen) and chicken cartilage(type-II collagen & egg membrane collagen) plus Verisol.  I'm looking for benefits of both skin and joints. Which would be better?

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Re: Which Collagen Peptides is best? Andrew Lessman vs. Consult Beaute

[ Edited ]

@Starpolisher  I have used AL's for a couple of years and xrays of my knees show an increase in cartilage.  I started alternating days with Consult Beaute's Colla-Holla for the other collagen and my skin since they are supposedly better for skin.

Regular Contributor

I just wanted to mention Andrew Lessman has another collagen product...I just noticed the other day: Free Range Collagen with MSM

Free Range Collagen with MSM - 30 Servings

No reviews yet. I've only tried the marine collagen and it does help my joints. I would like to try the colla holla but I'm afraid it might upset my stomach.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Which Collagen Peptides are best? Andrew Lessman vs. Consult Beaute

@Starpolisher 

I need to reorder also.  I think the TS is in mid June if like last yr 

I will get a 60 day supply to tide me over to the TS. 

Now....what to get?!  Fish or bovine?!   

I’m also looking for skin and joint benefits. 

Will wait and see if Andrew addresses the issue. 

Honored Contributor

I have tried Type I and III did nothing for me, now I invested very little money and bought a 5month supply of Verisol Collagen pills from Puritans Pride, potency is same as Dr Dubrow's. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been using Andrews collagen for years ~ since it first came out ~ Just recently started researching other types and brands ~ what i did notice is that AL one serving really isnt that great a number of collegen pepetides in comparison to other brands ~ (5g)

I decided to try another brand that proved to be a better price w/ more collagen ~ ORGAIN ~ bought it off Amazon ~ t I am sure they sell it locally as well.  One full serving has 20 G collagen , 18 gram  protein , I am starting with half a serving ~ which still is twice the amont in AL ~ I have been playing alot of tennis lately and the age factor leads me to  beleeve  i need more collagen peptides than 5 g .  I remember Andrew saying he takes 2 servings of his .

Respected Contributor

Anyone know if bone broth (made yourself or purchased) helps with these issues at all since it's supposed to have collagen in it??

Respected Contributor

July is when the TS on MCP has been for the last few years.  I have been adding two scoops daily to my black coffee.  I am sure that it helps my joints from further damage, especially my knees.  On one of my recent dental check-ups the dentist told me my gums looked very healthy and pink.  I also notice that small cuts and abrasions heal much quicker.

I will be watching Andrew's presentation on the bovine collagen.  I might start taking one scoop of marine + one scoop of bovine. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have tried Type I and III did nothing for me, now I invested very little money and bought a 5month supply of Verisol Collagen pills from Puritans Pride, potency is same as Dr Dubrow's. 

@Shelbelle 

Which ones did you get? What's the name?

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Starpolisher wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have tried Type I and III did nothing for me, now I invested very little money and bought a 5 month supply of Verisol Collagen pills from Puritans Pride, potency is same as Dr Dubrow's. 

@Shelbelle 

Which ones did you get? What's the name?

The collagen I tried Type I and III was Youtheory brand. The Verisol is Puritans Pride own brand from their website.