Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where do you order your KN 95's from?

@chrystaltree wrote:

They aren't washable but you can wear them several times before you discard them.  I use a marker and put the date on them.  I discard after I've worn it for 3 times.

If I do that each mask will last at least a year. I only wear them to the dentist or doctor. 

Valued Contributor

Amazon

Honored Contributor

No one has said anything about them lately, but the "pocket" masks with a filter cut from microfiber cloth has been said to offer decent protection.

Regular Contributor

I just ordered 50 KN95 masks from Tanga for $15.99.  They seem to be like the same ones on Amazon and are in plastic bags, 10 each per bag and then boxed.  Have not arrived yet.  May still be available on sale on their site.

Honored Contributor

@retiredatlast wrote:

I just ordered 50 KN95 masks from Tanga for $15.99.  They seem to be like the same ones on Amazon and are in plastic bags, 10 each per bag and then boxed.  Have not arrived yet.  May still be available on sale on their site.

@retiredatlast, I decided to try this set, too.  It was so easy to order....it went through my Amazon account so I didn't even have to get my credit card out.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

I live in a rural area.Our county health dept.sent cases to the local supermarket and some other places..FREE for the taking!..Each bag in their cases were sealed(3M).50 in each bag!..The manager said take a bag of 50..this way they weren't manhandled!

Try calling your local heath dept.,Dept fot the aging(senior center) to see if they have  the FREE ones.KN95 masks.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are a few places that make them in the USA. Either look on the FDA approved company list or get them made in USA. Not all are called KN95 now. There is:

Lutema brand, San Diego, California

United States masks, Ft Worth, TX

Aidway, also California

Envomask

Project 95

I have only personally tried the Lutema and Aidway, which is too large for my face. The mask should go in and out as you breath. If their are gaps around your nose or chin or the sides, then it isn't fitting properly to work correctly. 

I have a small face so I wear the Lutema small size, M95. Aidway has the N95 respirators with the two straps on the neck and head, good for if you wear hearing aids. If you look on their website, you'll see how they are made and the different layers. You want a 5 layer mask. Be careful on Amazon, the foreign made ones were in the news for being defective or not what they claim. 

Honored Contributor

Just so people know...the FDA has stopped updating their list of approved masks. The reason is b/c there have been too many new masks added to the marketplace and they simply cannot keep up (testing all of them) with all of the different ones coming in. So what that means is just b/c you may not see a particular brand shown on the FDA list then that does not mean the mask is no good. It's just that the FDA is no longer adding new masks to their list.

Respected Contributor

Hmmm, I've not used any of these kind of masks as of yet. To be honest, even though they are now recommended I hate to have to buy yet more masks. I've been wearing a surgical mask with another cloth mask over top of it. I certainly don't go out that much...grocery shopping mostly. When, if ever, will this end. Woman Sad    

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I buy Powecom KN95 masks from:

BonafideMasks dot com

Authentic, US distributor and free shipping.

I ordered some KN95 masks from them a week ago. They seem like nice masks and yes free shipping. I also ordered a couple tests as well. I sent a box to my daughter in CA. They have been impossible to get.