Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where do you keep your supplements and daily meds?

@Starpolisher   I keep my rx's by my bed and all supplements I keep refrigerated.  I read years ago somewhere that they keep better if kept in the refrigerator.  I don't know if it is true, but I have just done it ever since I read that.  

Respected Contributor

@Starpolisher  I only take one prescription twice a day, but have them along with the daily vitamins and joint pills on a crystal tray in the kitchen.  I also have the dogs daily vitamins on the same tray.  So we all take our medications together in the morning while making coffee and in the evening right after they and I have dinner. 

If I kept them in a drawer or cabinet, I would forget to take them. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I keep my meds in a cabinet I bought online called a "medicine cabinet" which is made like the Mexican furniture of pine wood.   It has a natural varnish finish.  It hangs on a wall in the kitchen.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Starpolisher ~

I do the same as you ~ the 7 day pill holder.  But with AL's large suppliments, and I take 6 different ones, and my Rx's...  The holder I bought was too small.  I found a LARGE 7 day one at W-Mart.  Holds everything with room to spare.  I believe it was under $2.   HTH

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

Dh and I take quite a few supplements and a couple of prescription meds between us. I always kept our meds in one of the kitchen cabinets. I started keeping the supplements there also but it's getting to be difficult looking through the shelf to get them everyday(since there are so many). I use a seven day pill holder for my prescriptions but it's not large enough to hold my supplements too. Just wondering what others do?

@Starpolisher- Fortunately, neither DH or I are on many prescriptions but we do take several supplements.  For daily convenience, he uses two 7-day pill holders (AM and PM).  I take a few more than he does and sometimes the dosage is in multiple capsules so altogether everything takes up more room than one of those orgainzers will hold.  I've opted to use embroidery floss organizers to set up my AM and PM supplements.  The sections are roomy and I can set up two week's worth at a time.  The lid stays closed for use at home, but I wouldn't trust it for travel unless securing itwith some strong rubber bands.  Instead of doing that, though, I use little pill baggies since they take up less room and I only need to take what I'll actually use during the time I'll be away

.See the source image

See the source image

I have our supplements on auto-ship plans so when they arrive, I need to store multiple bottles someplace.  I have a couple of free standing cabinets in the kitchen that I ordered from Wayfair.  A couple of shelves in one of them is where I store the vitamin bottles for us and the furkids.