Respected Contributor

Where do you keep your supplements and daily meds?

[ Edited ]

Dh and I take quite a few supplements and a couple of prescription meds between us. I always kept our meds in one of the kitchen cabinets. I started keeping the supplements there also but it's getting to be difficult looking through the shelf to get them everyday(since there are so many). I use a seven day pill holder for my prescriptions but it's not large enough to hold my supplements too. Just wondering what others do?

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

Re: Where do you keep your supplements and daily meds?

I keep them in the bathroom.  Take first thing in AM for some, last thing in PM for others.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I keep all my vitamins and my Rx drugs in a shoe box size bin in the pantry. DH keeps his in the same. We each have a small 7 day pill box that holds everything we take, and we keep those on the kitchen table because we take them with meals. When we travel we take as many of those 7 day pill boxes filled as we need. Going away 2 weeks - we'll need 2 etc. I try to keep things as simple as possible. This works for us because it's easy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Starpolisher

Now don't laugh when I mention "Ryka shoe boxes."  They are a nice size and quite sturdy.

I keep my medication bottles in one Ryka shoe box and supplements in another Ryka shoe box.  Why not all in the same box?  Because my calcium supplements are purchased 2 bottles at a time and the bottles are huge.  Additionally, I keep medication for 3 years, before disposing of them, so require the size of the Ryka box.  These are placed on a high shelf in my house.

Medication and supplements each have their own Sunday through Saturday containers, which are filled weekly and kept in a cool cabinet in the kitchen.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Starpolisher

With the exception of a few supplements I keep in the refrigerator, my supplements are nicely organized on top of an Origami kitchen island. I added a drawer to it and keep unused/unopened ones there. I don’t take any prescription medications. When I got the island I wasn’t sure what I’d use it for but I knew I would find a use for it. 

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

Dh and I take quite a few supplements and a couple of prescription meds between us. I always kept our meds in one of the kitchen cabinets. I started keeping the supplements there also but it's getting to be difficult looking through the shelf to get them everyday(since there are so many). I use a seven day pill holder for my prescriptions but it's not large enough to hold my supplements too. Just wondering what others do?

@Starpolisher  In the kitchen pantry on a roll out shallow drawer, take up the entire drawer such large bottles, Lessman's..

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I keep my meds and vitamin supplements in a square shoe size bin on the bottom shelf of my telephone table next to my computer desk.  I prefer not to store them in the bathroom or kitchen cabinets.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In a box placed in one corner on my kitchen counter. It's an open box but I have placed a toaster cover over the box to disguise and protect the supps from light. Everyone thinks there's a toaster over there.

I keep my big stash of supps in my back room in a closed box, away from light and heat.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have them all in one of the kitchen cabinets on the bottom shelf. It's full of Andrew Lessman stuff.

I only take thyroid medication & have over a year supply of it. I keep a bottle on the counter with a week supply in it. I refill every Mon. that way I know if I took it or not?

I buy his large size & keep them in a bedroom closet. I refill smaller bottles of his to keep in the cabinet & refill as needed. I know exactly what's in the cabinet & where it's out.

DH gets mad a me because I don't keep the labels turned so he can see what's what. I told him I put all the stuff he takes on the right side so he could do what he wants with it.

If he needs mine turned so he can see what it is that's his problem.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Starpolisher,

First off, I use two 7 day pill holders. So I understand how aggravating it becomes when you're reaching into a cupboard to retrieve and return each bottle.

Years ago I took them all out of precious cupboard space and put them in a gorgeous woven basket with a sturdy carry handle. Just drape a pretty dish towel over the top to block all light.

It looks like a picnic lunch, ready to go. Much more attractive than a collection of mismatched pill bottles.

Set on an unused chair, shelf, under a table...the handle makes it easy to grab with one hand no matter where you keep it. 

That way I can pick it up and easily carry all to another room to sit down and sort, set up a week's meds, etc in a comfortable spot. 

They're never in the way since they're so easily moved.

One you get to the point where you're dealing with so many assorted med containers, this becomes a real timesaver too.