Respected Contributor

When giving feed back to doctors.......

Most of us are being asked to give feed back regarding doctor visits, clinics or hospitals.

Have you ever gotten a call back regarding a poor rating given to a doctor, clinic or hospital? Were your negative comments addressed or even an apology?

Respected Contributor

Re: When giving feed back to doctors.......

[ Edited ]

Those surveys are tallied by a consulting company. The physicians and medical staff are not given the patients names, so you can't get a response you need. Surveys are done to show good or bad performance,, not for response.

If you want a response write ( don't call) the medical group top executive or hospital president.  CC the physician or manager. 

Believe me, this will get attention unless the physician is in private practice and answers to no one.

Honored Contributor

@granddi 

Have had many doctors in many fields that I visited in their office clinics. I have never gotten even 1 request for feedback on a visit.

Now hospital stays, and/or outpatient procedures I have, but I pick my doctors for a reason. No doctor with do any invasive procedure on me unless I trust them and their skills.

Have probably had more hospital stays than most, and have had only a couple of complaints. Those I let the "ones in charge know" as soon as I had a problem.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I have had 2 requests this year, both from offices I have been using for several years and from which I had never before been surveyed.  I haven't had a repeat visit to either since those requests, but I will ask questions when I return for my next routine appointments.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes!  My sister took my mom for an appointment, and the appointment had various issues from start to finish.  Not good for a 93-year-old woman with slight dementia!  The email concerning the visit goes to my sister, as she has medical POA.  She completed it, and the office manager called her to discuss her concerns!  It is important to note that a patient/caregiver has to be signed up with the office or in the network's portal system to receive these review emails.  At least that's how it works where I live with our two major systems.

ETA:  After reading some of the other responses, I will say that my sister is a NP who has worked for a prominent ENT in this area (one system) and is currently a hospitalist in our other system.  She has stated on more than one occasion that the surveys are read and do have consequences for the doctors/nurses/"whomever" be it a good review or bad review.  The person who filled out the survey may not know that something was done or someone was told something, but in our two major systems, concerns or compliments are addressed.

Trusted Contributor

You'll only get a response if you've provided your name and contact number.  For the surveys I've received, there's a space to to add it  at the end. Otherwise, the survey is anonymous and as someone else stated is tallied by a consulting firm.  I can't ever remember getting a call from anyone concerning my responses.  If I had a complaint, I think I'd call the office directly.  

Respected Contributor

I don't think the doctors and clinics really care about negative surveys. The practices are full and one less patient won't matter. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have been contacted a couple of times based on my response to these surveys, which were from hospitals where my husband was treated.

I reamed one facility good; providing names, dates, and all the information needed to verify our dissatisfaction.   We met with the department director, received lengthy calls from the hospital CEO, and the Chief of Staff.   There was an investigation and big shakeup, and the doctor involved, left.   

I filed another complaint on that hospital after getting copies of my husbands medical records, due to many findings of incorrect documentation.   One licensed employee's written documentation did not match my photo documentation.   

Honored Contributor

i get them everytime I go to any medical appointment--and i di fill the out as accurately as i can--but have never been called back----get asked to post reviews onto Facebook but I don't use Facebook, never have  

Honored Contributor

I get a request for feedback after every single office visit.  Whether the visit is to the Dr. or the Nurse Practitioner small medical matter or just a check up.  I do all the surveys.  I complained one one survey after seeing a Podiatrist for the fist time about how poorly the "medical corporation" maintained his offices as opposed to my regular medical provider's offices.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."