Respected Contributor

I ask because I'm still waiting. I get hot flashes and my Doctor even did blood work and said I'm close but I just keep waiting. I'll be 55 this year. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: When did you hit menopause?

52, but I never got hot flashes....that was a great day for me!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pdlinda wrote:

52, but I never got hot flashes....that was a great day for me!!

I bet it was a glorious day. I cannot wait. I hate having to plan everything around that time of the month. 

Trusted Contributor

I had a partial hysterectomy when I was 44 but don't remember an obvious transition into menopause. I went through a time in my late 50s when I had some hot flashes/night sweats but no big deal.

Trusted Contributor

LOL...it was as if the Governor commuted my life sentence to PMS!  I've never looked back!  It is a glorious occurance!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lali1 56 or 57. Had hot flashes for years. No emotional changes, however.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I base it on my first experience with a hot flash...53...I'll be 55 in May and don't have near the occurrences of hot flashes as I did the first year.  I was taking black cohosh, which helped tremendously, but stopped when the hot flashes subsided.  Allegedly, the average woman goes through menopause for 7-ish years, so who knows if they will come back with a vengeance over the few years.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

i hate to tell you this, but i am totally done and have been for about10 years now. i was around 48. i am STILL having hot flashes. i am my own personal heater. one positive.....i dont have to purchase a lot of coats. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

After my bilateral mastectomy and radiation at 43.  Never had hot flashes but maybe thats because I stopped somewhat younger.

Esteemed Contributor

I had a partial hysterectomy at 45.  Started with hot flashes around 61 and still have them at 64.  They are few and far between and don't have much of an effect on me.  I've been a migraine sufferer since age 14.  Various doctors have told me that once I go through menopause, my headaches will probably go away.  Still waiting for that to happen.