Honored Contributor

Re: When You Are Really Sick Do You Want.....

I want to be left alone and that is not a problem.  I could be dead for hours and no one would know.  No one checks on me unless they want something.

Esteemed Contributor

Leave me be. 

Esteemed Contributor

I would like to be left alone.If I want something I’ll ask.However, DH can’t help himself.He hovers. Constantly telling me to sip water etc. I know he means well❤️.

Valued Contributor

I want to be totally left alone when I’m sick. All I wanna do is rest to get better.  

Honored Contributor

left alone! if i really need something that i cannot get up and get myself, i will text you. lol

i usually just want to sleep as much as possible.....that almost always helps me feel better.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Left alone unless I call you and ask for something. I just want to bury my head under the pillow and come up for air every few hours.

I was pretty sick with a bad cold in January, I do live alone, but two of my good GF's who I know meant well kept calling to check on me. Ugghhh. I just wanted to sleep, no I have not died from a cold since I last spoke to you two hours ago. I finally just started letting the phone calls go to voice mail.

Honored Contributor

Can't remember anyone ever hovering over me except hospital staff during my serious health issues. Getting "rest" in a hospital, can at times, be a thing that isn't to be. Since we have no human children, and my immediate siblings, are older than me? 

They both have their own very large families and my oldest sister lives in a state far away. Both are great grandmother's and neither like anyone hovering when dealing with common illnesses.

I have been independent most of my life and as such like doing my own thing, including when recovering.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Alone please !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   At home, please just let me sleep--that is the quickest way for me to recover.

At the hospital, do what you need to do, since I know the staff needs to keep to a schedule, but definitely don't micromanage me in terms of waking me up in the middle of the night when I'm fast asleep escaping pain to see if I'm sleeping well or do I need a sleeping pill.  

And, I kid you not about the sleeping pill questions.  Of course, so I can escape the loving embrace of the staff I am the most cooperative patient they have simply so I can be released and get some solid rest to heal more rapidly.

Same at home--I truly appreciate the care that others offer but I promise to call you if there is anything I need.

Trusted Contributor

Left alone.  The last time I was pretty ill at home, husband insisted that I change my pajamas, brought a special wastebasket for my tissues, insisted that I get up and take a shower ("you will feel better" -- not) and every ten minutes asked me if I wanted water or some crackers, etc.   He drove me nuts!!  He kept this up until after two days he came down with whatever I had to begin with - end of hovering and I still wasn't feeling well.  We were both pretty ill for a week; guessing it was some strain of flu.