Esteemed Contributor

When You Are Really Sick Do You Want.....

to just be left alone or don't mind people hovering over you?  I don't mean a normal head cold or 24 hr. thing. If I'm really down like when I had pnumonia, just get away from me. If I need something I'll let you know.

I ask because my sister just got over pnumonia and she said her youngest daughter drove her crazy.  She knows she meant well but said I just wanted to sleep and rest.

Wondered how others felt.

Respected Contributor

Re: When You Are Really Sick Do You Want.....

Left alone.

Honored Contributor

Alone unless I need something

Honored Contributor

Somewhere in the middle.  I don't want to be totally left alone, but no hoovering.

Esteemed Contributor

I am just recovering from pneumonia and I wanted to be left alone.  I want quiet when I don't feel well; actually, I always prefer quiet to noise.   I dislike hovering and I also dislike people telling me what I should be doing to get well.  Meds, sleep, and quiet work well for me.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

Left alone - but someone available to assist if things progress to the point that  I can't care for myself.  I don't like hovering - but I want hubby to care. lol

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

no hovering. but i want someone there at my beck and call. check on me to see if i want something.  last time i was really sick, when i lived alone, i put a mini fridge in my bedroom.

Trusted Contributor

Definitely left alone...except for Maggie, my dog, she can bother me, humans, no.

Trusted Contributor

Definitely leave me alone. Check on me periodically to see if I need anything, then leave me alone.

Esteemed Contributor

Hip replacement is not "being sick", but I kicked my husband out 2 hrs.after we got to the hospital the morning of my surgery. It was bad enough having medical personel at me every time I looked up.  Nothing he could do except sit and it was not a big deal.  I'm not 5 and it was only overnight, see ya tomorrow, bye. Can you tell I'm a wee bit independent?