Honored Contributor

Re: When You Are Really Sick Do You Want.....

I don't like it when people hover over me EVER.  Sick, well, sad, stressed, it doesn't matter.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I’ve been chronically ill for 16 years. In and out of hospitals, surgeries, etc.  I am sick of it, as is everyone else.  I now have a cleaning service, a laundry service, and the daughter I live with buys the food and anything else that involves driving.

I  talk to one friend every day on the phone.  My kids are always there in an emergency, otherwise they’re pretty much done, and I don’t blame them.. They love me and I love them.  They’re not young anymore either, and the daughter I live with is also chronically ill.

It’s not unusual for older families to wind up like this.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  No, I don't want anyone hovering over me. I just want to curl up in my comfortable bed and be left alone. ha! In my case, misery does not like company!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I'm the same way.  When in the hospital, I can speak for myself and I don't need family sitting in the room all day.  Bad enough all the staff coming in and out all day.  I definitely don't want friends coming by on their way out to dinner, leaving for a vacation, etc.  

Respected Contributor

Alone

Honored Contributor

@Carmie @That is sad.I hope it isn’t totally true.Next time you are sick let us know and we will check up on you here to make sure you are doing okay.

Honored Contributor

I feel very blessed to have someone to help me, check on me and want to make me feel better.  I always want them to know how wonderful it is to have their help.

So, part of them doing their best to make me feel better is to show them how much that means to me. 

It's a blessing to be able to help someone you love. 

Honored Contributor

I am a leave me alone type of person.  If I want/need something, I'll let you know.  Otherwise, just let me be.   

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Carmie @That is sad.I hope it isn’t totally true.Next time you are sick let us know and we will check up on you here to make sure you are doing okay.

Oh, it's true.

Good thing is that I haven't been sick in forever.  The last time was about 15 years ago when I had gall bladder surgery.  I came home from the hospital and went to bed.  I spent the rest of the day all alone. Even though my son, his wife and my DH were all home, no one checked on me.  

I even got out of bed at dinner time to cook for everyone.  No one knows how to act when mom gets sick.  

Maybe it's because I used to get horrible migraines.  My family knew not to bother me then.  It's not safe to bother people with a migraine.  Heart

Thank you for your kind offer.

Esteemed Contributor