Frequent Contributor
How long till you saw and or felt results from being wheat free?
Honored Contributor

@bullyluv I am looking for some answers, too!  Just starting to read about this..

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I love bread and pasta, just cutting back on wheat helped me to lose weight and 2 inches from my waist in one month.

Esteemed Contributor

I lost 10 lbs the first month without trying.

Brain Fog took about two months to lift.

Slow (seriously) lower GI took a couple of weeks. Perfect now!

In a couple of months I noticed my hair and nails growing like wildfire, nails quit chipping and splitting.

My sister's dermatitis cleared up completely in two months. Her husband lost 50 pounds in four months, my brother has lost 65 in that same time. My girlfriend hasn't had a migraine since eliminating gluten.

I love the way I feel w/o gluten. It hides everywhere so u have to read labels carefully. I don't miss it at all.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

I read all two books in January and had decided to try it.  Then I was talked out of it for a while, I just decided to do it for real today.  I logged into the message board and here was this thread!  I am cutting out all wheat.  Not carbs, not necessarily gluten, just no wheat.  

Let's keep this thread going and track each others' progress!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Felt like it was overnight. I love the way I eat now. 

Respected Contributor

I cut out wheat, oats and dairy about 3 weeks ago, the bloat in my tummy is SO much better, no matter how much I ate, I would bloat out, it's about 80% better so far. For now I am limiting what fruits I can eat and eating veggies but not ALL kinds, sticking to cucuber, tomato, spinich, squash, carrots and such (more than that but just a start)

I haven't weighed myself but I am fairly close to where my body resists losing weight since I'm within 5-10lbs of my goal weight.  Hoping I can continue this. I have a vacation coming up in Oct and plan to eat this way on vacation too so I feel good!

Respected Contributor

If your on Facebook there is a great group of WB there.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wheat belliers....

[ Edited ]

Stopped eating wheat bran cereal and substituted oatmeal ( this week).  Less bloating so this has helped already.  DD is encouraging Medifast.

so today my tummy is much flatter and I can pull it in!

i have Medifast gluten-free items that DD sent, for me to try. Just the smell of these are off-putting. There seems to be enough to choose from without resorting to highly-processed.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I lost 5 pounds in a month and that was not strictly following the plan. I don't have a problem with gluten per se but am avoiding all things made with white anything---breads, rice, pasta. I've found that the gluten free stuff,  which is easier to find than  wheat free, are horrible tasting and ridiculously expensive; and when you do find something, it's made from the flours that cause your blood sugar to spike---I don't need that. I just watch those demon white, refined ingredients that are so bad for everyone.