Honored Contributor

Re: What would you do in this situation

@LTT1 wrote:

@I am still oxox@Blingqueen023@Still Raining@chrystaltree@mousiegirl

If they told you they needed a bone marrow sample out of the blue, wouldn’t you be alarmed and want to know why?

I sure would be alarmed. If they said you needed an MRI of your abdomen, wouldn’t you want to know why?

I would.

@LTT1  Absolutely!  I would not consent to any procedure unless and until it was explained in detail, then I would research.

Respected Contributor

Re: What would you do in this situation

@chrystaltree wrote:

Help with what?  You are seeing a team of physicians and they are trying to diagnose you properly so that they can move forward with the appropriate treatment.  They can't do that with their magic crystal balls.  They have to do tests and that means imaging and blood work.  That's just the reality of it.  You can decline anything they want to order, that is right as a patient.  If you don't want blood work and you don't want any imaging procedures; you are free to decline.  What exactly are you "livid" about?  Most people want good medical care, apparently you do not.  You say "what happened" and I can't figure out what means.  What happened is that the medical team caring for you wants additional testing.  That's what seems to have happened.  Be compliant or don't be compliant.  The choice is yours.

@chrystaltree  Again, you hit the nail in the head with this one!!!