Honored Contributor

Re: What would you do if you now know (neighbors and marijuana)

Just because the police say there's nothing they can do doesn't mean they aren't doing anything.

With my neighbors, the police and drug task force knew what was going on in the house but it was inside the house.  They couldn't do anything until they did it outside.

It took a while but they got them all.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

If it's small quantity of pot, it isn't worth the police time and energy to make an arrest.

Respected Contributor

I would mind my own business. They will get caught in good time. You have to live there and you don't know what they are capable of. I they knew you were interfering, your safety could be in jeopardy.

Honored Contributor

I never can understand WHY people can't mind their own business. 

Why would you want to cause trouble for people who aren't doing anything to bother you?

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu Has anything changed since you learned of this news? Have the neighbors treated you any differently? Do they still say hello the same as before? If nothing has changed then I would follow what others and I'm suggesting, MYOB!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

If it's small quantity of pot, it isn't worth the police time and energy to make an arrest.

Besides the fact that most jurisdictions have decriminalized it anyway. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Thanks everyone for taking time to reply.  I am going to mind my own business and not associate with them.                                

Just in case everyone didn't see this, she said up in message 28 that she was going to stay out of it, so it's okay to quit telling poor @bonnielu to MYOB now.  I think she got the message. 

@bonnielu, I respect you for just wanting to do the right thing. 

Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

Thanks everyone for taking time to reply.  I am going to mind my own business and not associate with them.                                

Just in case everyone didn't see this, she said up in message 28 that she was going to stay out of it, so it's okay to quit telling poor @bonnielu to MYOB now.  I think she got the message. 

But didn't she say in the OP she had already reported them to the police?

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

But didn't she say in the OP she had already reported them to the police?

No, @151949.  In the OP she said she brought it up to another neighbor and that neighbor said she had contacted the police about the drug deal she apparently witnessed.  The cops told the neighbor they couldn't do anything about it.

Honored Contributor

My prior neighbors used to smoke weed and I would often smell it when I was outside because he would smoke it outside on his back patio.  Now a new neighbor moved in and it's the same situation.  LOL  It has a very distinctive smell and one I don't much care for but I really don't mind the idea of it at all. IMO it's no worse that smoking a cigarette or drinking. 

There is a street 2 blocks from me and I used to walk my dog daily.  I swear every person on that street smoked weed. As soon as I made the turn onto that street, the smell of pot was overwhelming.  My dog used to walk up the street with his nose in the air just sniffing away.