Honored Contributor

Re: What would you do if you now know (neighbors and marijuana)

How do you know its not MMJ Medical Marijuana

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

I own several acreas of woods behind my house.  A few years ago my son was walking the perimeter putting up new posted signs.  Far from my house he found a dozen plus marijuana plants about ready to harvested.  He pulled them up and burned them.  When someone came to harvest the plants they knew we found them.  To date they have not come back to my property.   There have been 2 more plots on other property.  Each were destroyed when found.  Per friends in law these plots were to large to be for personal use.  State walking trails are plentiful in this area.  Many are paved in old wood areas.  These paths give easy access for everyone, even those up to no good.  The paved paths are made to accommodate emergency vehicles.  No other motor vehicles are allowed if you abide by the laws.  So much for the privacy we and the local wildlife use to enjoy.

Honored Contributor

I would get a different handyman.................this one seems a little nosy about things that are none of his business.     

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Best thing to do is mind your own business.  Do not associate with them at all, you can be friendly and wave and say hello when its necessary.  If possible you could build a fence around your property.  I wouldnt think you need to be afraid of them, there has never been a case that some one smoked pot and went on a rampage and killing people.  Pot has just the opposite affect, calms and mellows you out.  They might eat the plants from your garden but thats as bad as it would get.  And dont buy into the ****** that pot leads to "hard" drugs, people lead themselves to it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Keep your own property secure, dont let them come into your house , perhaps ask for more patrols in the neighborhood by law enforcement if you are fearful and let LE know why.

Other than that you cant do much else.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu wrote:

There was a young man doing some handyman work at my house.  When he was ready to leave and I went to pay him we both stepped outside.  He made a comment.  "Boy there is a strong odor of marijuana."  I am rather naive about this so I asked him how he knew.  

He confided in me that he was once an addict who turned his life around. I have only one neighbor who has raised her grandkids and this might be THE PLACE.  I said something today to another neighbor who saw the KIDS (teens) hide near a tree and "make a drug deal" with a driveby car.  She called the police and they said they could not do anything. I have a feeling "grandma" knows.  

The story of this family is sad.. tragic.. and all they have is each other... extended family living under one roof.  We are in a rural rather upscale neighborhood where everyone is a friend and has essentially been here a long time. Now that I know I have no clue what to do.  I have had these grandkids come to my door for odd jobs and or to borrow something they have managed to lose or break up.... Now I am actually fearful of them.  

I am so sympathetic with addiction and please don't laugh... I cannot pass a dessert or ice cream without finishing off the supply. Cold turkey has been the only thing that ever helped. However I have to eat.. I don't have to go out of my way to buy cigaretes, alcohol or drugs.  What should I do other than ignore it totally.  I will add medical marijuana will be legal soon in our state but this is not medical usage.          

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

I own several acreas of woods behind my house.  A few years ago my son was walking the perimeter putting up new posted signs.  Far from my house he found a dozen plus marijuana plants about ready to harvested.  He pulled them up and burned them.  When someone came to harvest the plants they knew we found them.  To date they have not come back to my property.   There have been 2 more plots on other property.  Each were destroyed when found.  Per friends in law these plots were to large to be for personal use.  State walking trails are plentiful in this area.  Many are paved in old wood areas.  These paths give easy access for everyone, even those up to no good.  The paved paths are made to accommodate emergency vehicles.  No other motor vehicles are allowed if you abide by the laws.  So much for the privacy we and the local wildlife use to enjoy.

In my state if the law finds marijuana growing on your property you can be arrested and your property seized. At one time the state police helicopters would canvas our area looking for evidence of pot growing along the corn in the fields. 

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@Gram W wrote:

In my state if the law finds marijuana growing on your property you can be arrested and your property seized. At one time the state police helicopters would canvas our area looking for evidence of pot growing along the corn in the fields. 

what's wrong with providing "herbed" butter with your corn!!  lol...

Honored Contributor

For over 20 years now we have suspected our trailer trash neighbors who live beside my mom to be marijuana users, growers, and sellers.   One of the boys has been caught twice with marijuana.   The only problem we've ever had, is  with the mentally ill mother, not dad, or the boys.   

Honored Contributor

I'd mind my own business. Mary Jane offends me less than booze. It's worse having a bunch of drunk neighbors..