Esteemed Contributor

Re: What will you change after vaccine?

Nothing will change for me. We've both had our two shots but prior to that we went out and about just as much if not more than we usually did. We never missed a hair, dentist, doctor appointment. We ate in restaurants weekly if not more once it was allowed, went to the grocery store, drug store, movies, zoo, wineries etc. 

Honored Contributor

As more people get their shots, hopefully activities like seating in resturants, craft shows and other activities will show up.

Our son and daughter in love always wear masks in their positions as do DH and I, so we've been seeing them and our grandsons.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I probably won't change anything. My life has remained the same throughout this mess. We got both of our vaccines already. We have continued to have holiday get togethers. I've hugged and kissed my children and my only grandchild. No issues here whatsoever. I feel sorry for those that live in fear. 

I'm really happy that no one you know has had covid and that it's worked out for you.

I lost 3 good friends and 2 relatives. A brother and BIL continue to struggle to recover. Friends have lost loved ones. Watching the numbers of dead skyrocket over the last year wasn't fun.

I don't live in fear. I follow science. And I'll continue to wear a mask and social distance even though I've had both doses of the vaccine.

Super Contributor

AND NOT APPROVED BY THE FDA. ALLOWED TO THE PUBLIC BY EMERGENCY USE ONLY

Esteemed Contributor

@Auntie CC wrote:

AND NOT APPROVED BY THE FDA. ALLOWED TO THE PUBLIC BY EMERGENCY USE ONLY

@Auntie CC 

And it's your right not to get the vaccine.  But the topic of this thread is WHAT WILL YOU CHANGE AFTER VACCINE, not "what do you think about the vaccine." 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

I already had both vaccines, and haven't changed much in my lifestyle. I have been going to appointments, salon and grocery store since the middle of last year. We never ate much in restaurants, anyway, but have been getting takeout for months. Always did more online shopping than in stores, anyway. 

So, things are about the same here. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Biggest change for me will be moving forward more easily with updating my home.  I had put the shopping, the contracts, etc. on hold even before any restrictions came from above.

I wish my crystal ball told me whether we will see a surge in dangerous variants in the next few weeks because I really want to see family, but that involves hours of air travel in both directions.  Just not sure how I feel about taking that risk.

Trusted Contributor

I am so happy that I live in a state with very few restrictions.  I am ecstatic that I will receive my second vaccine tomorrow, but I will continue wearing my mask when in stores and schools. I look forward to when that is not necessary.

Looking back, I feel good about the decisions my DH and I have made during this pandemic.  We went from mid March until Mother's Day before we had contact with our grandchildren and then decided that was long enough.  Through the summer we did very little socializing except for outdoors.  But starting in the fall I went back to work at our local rec center and observing/evaluating in classrooms.  My DH went back to working with students, too.  We wear masks in public places.  We attend church services weekly, get haircuts, and go out to eat occasionally. 

Yes, we have lost friends to Covid.  It is terribly sad. 

Esteemed Contributor

We haven't changed much. We've had our hair done, dental and doctor appointments, grocery shopped, and shopped in stores. For the most part our lives have stayed the same. The media has pretty much made it so bad that the world is just climbing out of the fetal position.

Respected Contributor

I get my 2nd shot next week, so 2 weeks after that I would like to eat in a restaurant.  Haven't done that in almost a year.  

I have been going to Dr. appointments, dentist, grocery shopping,  getting a haircut and briefly shopping in stores like Marshalls, TJMaxx, Kohls and such.  I have not been in a mall so I might try that when I am fully vaccinated.