Honored Contributor

Re: What will you change after vaccine?

Once our lock down was lifted last May my life went back to as normal as it could be.  I began mask wearing in July 2020 when that mandate came down.  Now that it is lifted I will continue where the stores prefer it.  I have had tons of hair appt.s ect... and my grandchildren come over constantly for sleepovers and sleep in my bed with me.  Tomorrow night is my 6 year old granddaughter is coming again for our Cinderella fest. 

The only thing I have not done is go to a sit down restaurant since Feb. 2020.  At 59 and no health issues it will be a while before I am eligible to get the vaccine if I choose to do so. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll be flying. But nothing else will change.

Before being vaccinated I went to the dentist, doctors, restaurants and nail salons. 

Esteemed Contributor

We are setting a new book club and yoga class just for members who have had the vaccine and agree to remain masked.  It is going to be so fun.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, since I can't find a Covid shot anywhere in my county here in the hills of Pennsyltucky, nothing is changing.

If the shots become readily available I'll get one but I'm not going to make finding a place a full time job.

Honored Contributor

Nothing.  Other than "the mask" ... I didn't do anything different.  

I only used hand sanitizer if it was required at entry to where I was going.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nothing. I've complied with all of the restrictions that were in place in Michigan while they've been (and continue) in place. But at no point did that require me to give up any activities other than a couple of hair cuts. Adapt and modify, yes.  Curtail, no.  I've resumed going to the gym, the salon, out to eat and traveling. If I could change the "how dare you" finger pointing from those who aren't ready to do those things, I would. But that's never going to happen. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Going to the beauty parlor! Have not been for a veeery long time. Going to see my children and grandson. We followed the rules and have not seen them since the holidays 2019...

Trusted Contributor

I go for my first vaccine on Monday the 15th and the second one on April 6.  My life has already changed so much this year.  Husband passed away very suddenly and  retired from work, at this point not much else will change.  I might feel a bit more relaxed when out in public (which I seldom am).  I did curbside grocery pickup before covid and I will continue to do so after the vaccination.  I dont shop much in the stores, never did.  If I do go out, yes I will be wearing masks because it seems to me the CDC keeps changing their mind on that ruling plus how do people around you know if you have been vaccinated or not.  

From the beginning this should have been about more than just you, it should have been about the people around you.  Because to some extent it hasn't been, that is why we are where we are.

my only hope is people will be careful.  This is NOT over.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This woman got a Rx from her doctor for a hug . This was aired on Inside Edition yesterday and it brought tears to my eyes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKBkjLWZb5Q

Honored Contributor

I'll be putting my NO SOLICITING sign back up on my door.

Since Covid, I haven't had anyone ringing my door bell peddling anything.  As soon as they are able, I fear they will be back.