Honored Contributor

Re: What will you change after vaccine?

@kitcat51 wrote:

Do people understand it's experimental? They don't know how long the vaccine will protect you & they don't know the long term effects.

@kitcat51    No....they don't.    It's like that layer of ICE under the snow.......they don't know it's there, until their car is in the ditch...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I probably won't change anything. My life has remained the same throughout this mess. We got both of our vaccines already. We have continued to have holiday get togethers. I've hugged and kissed my children and my only grandchild. No issues here whatsoever. I feel sorry for those that live in fear. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I'm personally taking a wait and see approach when it comes to the vaccine.  However I keep my immune system in good shape and take the usual precautions. 

I still go grocery shopping every week, have gone into other stores (we're in the process of getting new carpet for the stairs and new living room furniture), get my hair cut regularly and have gotten my nails done.

In warm weather I've dined outdoors with friends and family and had some family over (not all) for Christmas.

So once this is over with no more restrictions, I will continue to take my vitamins and supplements which I do now more than before, but I hope to see all of my family & friends more or less unrestricted.  I would like to travel again too.

Respected Contributor

I had my second vaccine on Feb 18 and my co-worker who I share office space with had hers on Feb 27.  Since the CDC said it is OK for vaccinated people to gather unmasked in small groups, we have not been wearing our masks at work.

Honored Contributor

I think the biggest thing I will change is ---- my mind!  Ha!  I will have such a relief in my mind!  After that, I will finally go and get my hair done!  My hair is really long right now - almost to my waist.  I think I want to get it cut to just above my shoulders and get some wispy bangs!  I also want to get my eyebrows looked about!  The next thing to change --- is get a change of scenery!  Go out and eat dinner some place nice and take a nice long drive and just be out in the real world!  Hurrah!  Can't wait!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I had my second vaccination a week ago.  That nasty virus is still running amok out there, so I will continue to wear a mask and take most precautions.  I did actually go inside a store yesterday (felt weird!) and I got a haircut.  Look out!  I'm going wild!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I'm not changing a thing until more is known about protection from getting infected with a variant and just how long I have immunity. I'm just waiting to see if anyone, who is fully vaccinated, comes down with covid. That will be all over the news when it happens.

Trusted Contributor

I just want to go out without a mask in public. That's the only thing I want to change in my behavior.  

There isn't anything else that I changed, still saw my family.  I have not been living afraid for the past year.

I hope as a society we can start being nicer and stop pointing fingers at those who made difference decisions than we did.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Not changing a thing right now since hubby and I are both nearing 80 and still waiting for our first vaccine shot. Impossible to schedule shot because Florida has had no restrictions for quite some time, and shots are now open to anyone over 55 and very soon to all age groups. This leaves many of us seniors without the vaccination. Florida is unique with its huge numbers of elderly who have been left out of the loop while the state rushes to be first in lifting restrictions and allowing vaccines to go to younger people. 

Honored Contributor

I have had both doses of Moderna. I'm still wearing a mask, social distancing, and avoiding places where I'm around many people.

I got to hug my 89 yr old dad this week for the first time since last March. He's had both doses too.  I really missed those hugs.

I am meet 2 friends who have also had both doses this weekend. It will be so good to see them!