Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: What the heck? Now Vapo-rub is not on the shelves

I carry some in a small tin for travel. If there is another passenger close by on airplane or any public transportation who has an odor, I rub some under my nose to cover up their offensive odor.

Respected Contributor

My local grocery store has been out of cotton balls and Q tips for the longest time.  

Honored Contributor

My husband just told me -

There was a tractor trailer accident on the expressway. A tractor trailer loaded with Vicks Vapo-rub overturned. 

There hasn't been any congestion on the expressway since.

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

The jar I have is so old but still potent and works.  Not thirty years old like that woman just found a few months ago in her cabinet, but probably about 10 years old.  My grandmother too put it on us constantly growing up before we went to bed with her on sleepovers.  If we did not have a cold/runny nose she would spray the room with Vicks spray they had back in the late '60's early '70s.  Not sure if that spray is on the market.  One night in the 80's my son was on one of his sleepovers and she was actually out of Vicks.  He had a stopped up nose so she put some of her Bengay on a washcloth and put it on a pillow close to his head to breath more clearly.  

Vicks reminds me always of my Grandmother along with Jergan's hand lotion.

@beckyb1012 

Well...reading your statement made me think.  When was the last time that I purchased a new jar of Vicks. I went to my medicine cabinet and took a sniff. It's still potent. Let me look at the expiration date. No... that can't be right where are my glasses. Yikes, the jar  expired in 2005. That's just not right. I am going to order a new one from Amazon ASAP. Lol

I also grew up using Jergens lotion because of my grandmother. 

Honored Contributor

DId not know about the fungus. Thanks for the info.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Super Contributor

I'm addicted to it!  The smell is so comforting and always helps me sleep

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mother believed that Vicks Vapo-Rub cured or fixed every ailment known to man!

If she thought it could heal a broken bone she would have told you to rub Vicks on it.

Honored Contributor

@luvzchiz wrote:

I use Vick's all year round.  At night I rub some on my hands, elbow, and feet.  Works great to keep all baby soft.  

I also put a little under my nose to help me sleep.  In the summer, it helps to keep mosquitoes away. I purchase it in Costco.  

@luvzchiz 

Have you used it for that, or just read that it works?     We've been having an unusually large number of mosquitos this year and the bites are nasty!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@luvzchiz wrote:

I use Vick's all year round.  At night I rub some on my hands, elbow, and feet.  Works great to keep all baby soft.  

I also put a little under my nose to help me sleep.  In the summer, it helps to keep mosquitoes away. I purchase it in Costco.  

@luvzchiz 

Have you used it for that, or just read that it works?     We've been having an unusually large number of mosquitos this year and the bites are nasty!

@Tinkrbl44   I use it at night to keep away  those that like to disturb my sleep. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet