Honored Contributor

Please make an appt and go while the breakout is at its worst, so the derm can treat you accordingly.   Put the right doctor prescribed product on your face from the beginning rather than risk creating a bigger problem.

Trusted Contributor

@nana59, Woke up yestermorning with same problem on my face. Three pimples. Two on one side of cheek . One on opposite side of cheek.I am 74!! Of course I have a couple of parties this week. Have not usual anything different on my skin to cause this problem.I only use Tatcha products. The only product that worked in the past was Kate Summerville Eradikate. May take to long to arrive. Think I will see if the Q  can send express Mario B. Know it is a good product. If skin does not clear there will be no gala for meI feel horrible.If YSLconcealer would help cover. I really do not want to go to mall today. It was def. PANICVILLE yesterday. If you have any thoughts please share.

Honored Contributor
Before you add anything to your regimen, write down everything you are taking, meds, supplements, etc. and write down all the cosmetics and face products including soaps you are using. Begin assessing your list. 1. Check products to see if they are passed use by dates. 2. Look up products at online databases to see which products are most likely to cause breakouts. The chemical databases rate each products ingredients for this likelihood. 3. Are you taking anything or using anything that can cause hormonal changes? Eating foods high in phytoestrogens? 4. Is there anything new or different among the things you listed?

After doing your assessment, if you find something that is the likely cause, eliminate it for awhile and see if you improve. If you can’t find anything you think is responsible then make an appointment to see a medical professoo am.

I had to do this assessment for myself. Without products I never break out. I found three ingredients in my products that were rated high for causing break outs. I still use them occasionally but whenever I do I get one or two bumps on my face.
Esteemed Contributor

@sligo wrote:

@nana59, Woke up yestermorning with same problem on my face. Three pimples. Two on one side of cheek . One on opposite side of cheek.I am 74!! Of course I have a couple of parties this week. Have not usual anything different on my skin to cause this problem.I only use Tatcha products. The only product that worked in the past was Kate Summerville Eradikate. May take to long to arrive. Think I will see if the Q  can send express Mario B. Know it is a good product. If skin does not clear there will be no gala for meI feel horrible.If YSLconcealer would help cover. I really do not want to go to mall today. It was def. PANICVILLE yesterday. If you have any thoughts please share.

i feel your pain....there have been events i haven't attended because i was embarrassed..i've dealt with occasional acne all my life...meds never worked...but i thought by the age of 70 it would just be a memory!  providence...is that where you live....i am a native rhode islander...just wondering if we are neighbors?  i'm going to take your suggestion and order some Eradikate....thank you...

Honored Contributor

@nana59 

I understand completely!  Don't do anything drastic and don't put those drying acne medications on your face because they will start drying out your skin, and could cause peeling and make your skin condition worse!  

Have you ever experienced Rosacea?  Maybe this if what you have.  I didn't know I had this until a couple years ago.  I  never had acne as a teenager or young adult, rarely got a blemish. My skin is very fair, thin, fragile and reactive and I would always blush easily.  Then, suddenly, I was getting this blemishes!  I'm thinking --- I'm an old lady -- what is happening???  I went to the derm and they said Roscea!  I thoght this condition was only red skin --- didn't realize you could get blemishes!  

Try some cortozone or aloe and don't use anything harsh until you can get to the derm.  In the meantime, if you can cover the blemishes up when you go out --- just dot some cover stick on the spots ---- wear a festive top and smile!   Good luck --- don't worry --- they will figure it out for you!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

You could try all these suggestions posted by non derms. Why waste time $ with these suggestions? Just go to a derm. It will save you both time & $ in the long run.

I agree, don't waste time on the stuff people are making up and certainly don't go out and buy anything anyone has suggested.  Make an appointment with a dermatologist, if you cannot get a speedy appointment, make one with your own PCP.  The first thing they will ask if you are using any new products; face cleansers, moisturizers, makeup, laundry detergent, fabric softener, hair care products.  Anything that touches your face.  Like iceberg said; a doctor will save you time and money and it will put your mind at ease.