Honored Contributor

Re: What's your recommendation for the best SPF15 or more to use this summer?

I use Devita Solar Body Moisturizer year round as I live at the beach. Even though it didn't even make it to 70* today, the sun is still strong. I worked on the yards today and by noon time my long sleeve shirt came off and I had a tank on underneath.

I keep a 7 oz tube in my handbag too so when I'm driving, riding or walking out and about, I don't get burnt.

It's spf 30+ and it's a physical sunscreen full of good antioxidant ingredients. VERY gentle, really does moisturize also, and doesn't leave a white cast at ALL. It's 19% zinc oxide.

I use it on my face, if I'm not going to wear makeup. Otherwise I wear Suzanne Organics face sunscreen, it's tinted (rather dark, I mix it with Suzanne Organics Fair foundation to lighten it up in the winter months.)

I love the Devita though and the fact that it doesn't come in a one oz jar/tube. How much you put on is as important as even wearing sun protection, IMHO.

Super Contributor

Re: What's your recommendation for the best SPF15 or more to use this summer?

SPF 15 is not enough protection. You should be using at least 30+--every day/rain or shine. Put it on before your makeup if you're really interested in anti-aging. I'm liking EltaMD 51+ tinted sunscreen. It's not greasy, stays on all day, and is just tinted enough for almost a flawless look. Clean and protect are the key words for helping your skin stay younger looking longer. And forget makeup with SPF. It's not enough. You need to apply sunscreen by itself.