Honored Contributor

What's a good food choice you had to make recently?

That wonderful "either/or"!  That little voice you have in your ear and the memory of enjoying something.  

You pull yourself away from that wonderful thing you could have.... What "Big Girl" choice did you make?

I turned down two fried chicken fingers from Zaxbys (sigh!) for a naval orange!

Trusted Contributor

Re: What's a good food choice you had to make recently?

DH called from the store and asked if I wanted Swiss cheese.  I turned that down (I love cheese.) 

The guys had burgers with provalone & cheddar, I had organic greens, with steamed organic broccoli & wild salmon.

Do the math.
Respected Contributor

Hmm..

I tutor in high school.  Yesterday one of the other tutors brought donuts from our local donut shop for everyone.

I ate my protein bar instead!  

Today, I went to said donut shop to buy two donuts to take to my dog walker.  I didn't get any for myself.

I also drove right by the bakery that makes my favorite cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting.  

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

A half of a cupcake was enough for me.  The other half tomorrow!

Honored Contributor

@MarieIG wrote:

DH called from the store and asked if I wanted Swiss cheese.  I turned that down (I love cheese.) 

The guys had burgers with provalone & cheddar, I had organic greens, with steamed organic broccoli & wild salmon.

@MarieIG*** What you had sounds fantastic!

Honored Contributor

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

Hmm..

I tutor in high school.  Yesterday one of the other tutors brought donuts from our local donut shop for everyone.

I ate my protein bar instead!  

Today, I went to said donut shop to buy two donuts to take to my dog walker.  I didn't get any for myself.

I also drove right by the bakery that makes my favorite cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting.  

@Marienkaefer2********There was one day after teaching I ate half a box of doughnuts on the way home!  I passed Krispy Kreme doughnuts!

Honored Contributor

I made my own pizza with lots of veggies and very little meat....I know that pizza is not a good food choice but you can make it a little better if you do it yourself.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I made my own pizza with lots of veggies and very little meat....I know that pizza is not a good food choice but you can make it a little better if you do it yourself.

@dex*********Pizza can be a good food choice if you don't overload it with fatty choices.  It counts as your fat depending on the cheese and fatty items, one bread, can count as meat, and as a vegetable counting the tomato sauce.

Honored Contributor

For me it's to change the "snack" or "dessert" I was using, to just fruit. I'm going to be so happy when fresh fruit comes in, that we don't always get to have in the winter months. I love the smell, and freshness. I keep thinking of the wonderful tomatoes at the farmer's market and road side stands. Those are wonderful!!!! Anyway, once the rain leaves here, I'm hoping more warm weather starts coming in.