Regular Contributor

Re: ••• What's In The Supplements We Take? (Ground Up Houseplants, Fillers, etc.) •••

I heard something similar a few years ago about supplements sold in one of our big box chains. I use Nature Sunshine Products due to the many quality tests they perform on all their products. You can read about all the quality testing they do on any/all their almost 700 products. Check them out.

Honored Contributor

Re: ••• What's In The Supplements We Take? (Ground Up Houseplants, Fillers, etc.) •••

Off the top of my head, my calcium, flax seed, vitamin b and c and hemp protein are organic. No junky fillers.

EDITED TO ADD:......I'm more leery of conventional apples, grapes, berries of any kind, (can you say pesticide city?) non-organic milk-meat-poultry (antibiotics and hormones)etc....and does the FDA care that blueberry pancakes don't have one bit of blueberry in them....uh, no.

Honored Contributor

I do research before buy supplements....usually get what you pay for. Why would I spend extra money on organic fresh whole foods and then top it off with fillers?

Frequent Contributor

This is exactly why I only take Andrew Lessman vitamins. I truly believe his are of the finest quality and purity. Why bother to take vitamins if they are full of mystery ingredients and none of the product you think you're taking, What a waste! Andrew Lessman products are expensive- but worth it in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

I care about my body so I do a lot of research - on my food & on supplements & everything else. I'm confident my supplements are high quality ones that make a difference in the quality of my life.

I pray they do not get the gv't involved. That will do very bad things.

Super Contributor

Another vote for Andrew Lessman's supplements. Only ones I take.
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/19/2015 grandkidsrgreat said: Another vote for Andrew Lessman's supplements. Only ones I take.

same for me

Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2015 willdob3 said:

I care about my body so I do a lot of research - on my food & on supplements & everything else. I'm confident my supplements are high quality ones that make a difference in the quality of my life.

I pray they do not get the gv't involved. That will do very bad things.

What would the government do?
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

On 2/19/2015 gabstoomuch said:

That article is exactly why I will only take Andrew Lessman vitamins from HSN, no matter what the cost. He is so open and honest, he even does shows right from his manufacturing plant once in a while from Nevada. He explains every ingredient, he talks about his research.

He is also a lawyer, so he knows what to 'claim' and 'not claim'. He does not use any fillers, he tells us exactly where he sources his ingredients. He sources pure ingredients that do cost more, but look what 'inexpensive' and mass produced gets you (as stated in this article).

He wont sell on the open market, in stores etc, because he loses control of the product. I say good for him~! He left QVC years and years ago because of the Q wanting him to compromise his quality. He said 'buh-bye QVC'.

I will never buy anything but Andrew Lessman.

You summed it up beautifully, it's the reason I only take Andrew Lessman's vitamins and supplements.