Contributor

Re: What number would you want on your jersey shirt?

77 -- that was my son's football jersey number from high school!!

Honored Contributor

The greatest backup quarterback in NFL history, engineer of the Greatest Comeback Win in NFL history, a man of honor, integrity, faith and service...

Frank Reich of the Buffalo Bills, Current Offensive Coord. of the Chargers.

Don Beebe

considered one of the fastest players in NFL history.

He made one of the most memorable plays in Super Bowl history. In the 4th quarter of one of our 4 Super Bowl losses (yes, it still hurts), Cowboy Leon Lett recovered a fumble and was almost in the end zone when he foolishly started celebrating too soon.

Even though we were losing 52-17 at the time, Don Beebe zoomed down the field and knocked the ball out of Lett's hands just before he crossed the goal line.

I will always remember Beebe never giving up, catching up with Lett and popping the ball out of Lett’s hands just before the goal line. What a lesson...one I used with my children for years. It didn't matter that we were losing big time, it didn't matter that he had to streak almost the entire length of the field to try to stop a touchdown that didn't make a HOOT of a difference to the outcome. What mattered is that he didn't give up playing his hardest, 100%, till the very last second on the clock.

Another man of integrity, honor and faith. He was honored as an "Unsung Hero" in 1996 at the NFL Players Association Awards Banquet.

Contributor

#29 my man John Smoltz! (already have one) Inducted into Hall Of Fame this year! Congratulations!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

#73 there was once an episode on Big Bang Theory about this,,,,have tried to find it, but can't.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/3/2015 hopi said:

or

Yes to both! (Only one other number could compete with 34 in football ... 40).