Respected Contributor

What model Waterpik do you own?

After my dental cleaning today, I've got to get a Waterpik and get on it! Woman Tongue For the first time ever, and seemingly out of the blue, my gums are, well, not good! The dental hygienist showed me two different Waterpiks they sell. One was the kind you can take into the shower, and the other was the more regular model, I guess. Anyway, can you please tell me what model you own and why you like it? Any thoughts on use would be appreciated, too. 

Thanks! 

pup

Respected Contributor

Re: What model Waterpik do you own?

I have a cordless Waterpik I ordered from Amazon for 24.99. It's easy to use and works very well.

Esteemed Contributor

Have used a Waterpik all adult life - good thing b/c my teeth are borderline okay to danger.  Uppers are half mine and half fake.  Always buy the electrical plug-in style Waterpik - smaller version so it fits neatly in the corner of my sink/counter - no brush attached - it's just a water flossing piece of equipment.  For brushing - at least twice daily - Sonicare = the best. 

It's never too late to add modern tech to your routine.

Respected Contributor

I have a Waterpik water flosser that plugs in...has a little case with various heads you can attach.  I got it 4 years ago when I got braces, and still use it every night after brushing and regular flossing.

i add a capful of Listerine to the water.  

My teeth and and gums are in great shape....highly recommend a Waterpik.

Respected Contributor

I have the WaterPik that has the toothbrush and a water flosser combined in a unit that allows the tooth brush to recharge too. 

It is the smartest thing that I have bought, and I get a gold star from my dentist every six months. I am really really sorry I did not get this when they came out years ago but I have been using one for about 10 years.

One piece of advice I got from a dentist years ago was to put a cap full of mouthwash in the water.  Also be faithful to using it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pupwhipped   Good for you.  I went through a series of deep cleanings  (and a Zoom whiting) in 2018.  After that experience, I decided I would be dedicated to keeping my teeth in the best shape ever.  Here are my tools:

Waterpik plug in (Sam's Club)

Sonicare Philips 9700 toothbrush (keeps my teeth super clean...won't use any other)

Tongue scraper (try this, and you will wonder how you lived without it)

Flossing

My mouth/teeth are so fresh and clean!  I'm still going in to my dentist three times a year for regular cleaning to keep the plaque under control.  Finding a great dentist is a challenge, but critical.

Here is to great health!

Valued Contributor

I would go to Amazon and several websites and read reviews first. I bought one Waterpik brand and found my gums were too sensitive to use it.  I think I ended up with another brand that didn't squirt the water so forcefully....Conair? Not sure as it was so long ago. 

Valued Contributor

I have a corded model and a battery model.  I definitely prefer the corded model.  The reservoir is larger and much easier to fill.  The power of the corded model seems superior to me.  

libby's folly
Regular Contributor

I have a plug-in Waterpik.  It has levels offorce.  First time I used it, it felt so wimpy on the recommended setting that I turned it up to "blast."  Wrong move.  Gums were sore for a week.  Started over wiwth recommended setting, followed directions--Bingo--great gums.  Follow the directions.

Honored Contributor

I had a cordless, I don't think it lasted 3 months and had no force on either speed.

In my opinion it was junk.