Honored Contributor

Re: What kind of brace for burning arch pain, the bottom of the foot?

Hi @depglass,

Had my own week of seeing doctors, some close, others not so much. Dermatologist(other side of town) check my Basil Cell Cancer removal/Ortho Ankle Foot Doctor-Surgically removed BIG Toe Nail and some bone(other end of town)/Hematologist for Hemoglobin Blood Draw and B-12 Shot.

Next week! Thursday for Contrasting and Non-Contrasting MRI of lump in my Left Upper quadricep Muscle(my end of town). Friday, back to Foot/Ankle Orthopod for followup on toe surgery. 

Of course there are my mandatory(to me) 3 times my 2 hour ice skating sessions(20+ mile drive each way), and yes, "ouch" getting that recent surgically altered big toe into my left skate. Harder getting it off as toe swells while skating.

Thankfully, I chose to get off of Coumadin(Warfarin), with my Cardiologist's and Pulmonologist's approval. For 7+ years my INR/ProTime HAD to be via a Full Blood Draw, on average 3 times every week, some weeks all 7 days. Lab would call Pulmonologist with readings, who in turn would call me to give me the dosage for that night only.

Can throw in many times having to shoot Lovanox injections into my stomach twice a day, for as many as 45 days 1 time, less for others every time I had a procedure where I had to be off thinners for 7-10 days prior.

Oops! Time getting away typing so much in this Wellness Forum. Gotta get my gear packed to head across town for my 2 hour ice skating session. LOVE IT!😘

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Re: What kind of brace for burning arch pain, the bottom of the foot?

I can understand that you're sick of going to Dr's, but you came here askiing for advice for something you haven't even had diagnosed.  This is the worst place to have folks playing Dr.  Although good intentioned, none of us are trained to help.  You can take advice, but you also will have to take responsibility if it causes more damage to your foot.  I wish you the best in whatever decision you make.