Honored Contributor

Re: What is the highest BP you have had ?

I have no idea.  I know that one time I went for a routine office visit and the nurse took my BP, asked me some questions and calmly walked out.  Within 2 minutes the doctor was in with me and calmly talking to me and took my BP again.

It was normal and he said to me that the nurse came out and got him because my BP was elevated to the point of being a stroke risk.  He thinks I had white coat syndrome but I think she didn't take it correctly.

Never before and never since have I had a BP issue.  In fact mine tends to run on the low side.       

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe 

Wow! Black out with BP at 90/70. After my 2nd heart attack and my Cardiologist wanted me to keep my BP as low as possible and still live my type of lifestyle. It didn't start too well.

I never had a black out issue, but standing up to quickly, I had to hang on to something because I got light headed and could not balance myself for a few seconds. That happened only when my Diastolic was under 55. So he reduced me from 100mg. to 50mg per day.

Pretty much the same issue when standing up and Diastolic under 55. Even if it was running around 57 when I checked it, I would be fine. Fact i would sit and do my own experimenting getting up right after checking my BP. Systolic could be 80, but as long as my Diastolic was 60 or just below, I was fine. Finally ended up taking 12.5mg twice a day and it stayed around 90/60.

Can't even imagine blacking out from just standing up too fast. It's normal for most people not to pay attention to how fast they go from sitting/lying down to standing up. Unless one has experienced this a few times, most do not realize this can and does happen.

My best to you and all of yours,

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have no idea.  I know that one time I went for a routine office visit and the nurse took my BP, asked me some questions and calmly walked out.  Within 2 minutes the doctor was in with me and calmly talking to me and took my BP again.

It was normal and he said to me that the nurse came out and got him because my BP was elevated to the point of being a stroke risk.  He thinks I had white coat syndrome but I think she didn't take it correctly.

Never before and never since have I had a BP issue.  In fact mine tends to run on the low side.       

@Lipstickdiva 

Nurses know how to take BP readings.   It's not always White Coat Syndrome that does it .... for me, it's Rushing To Get To the Appointment On Time Syndrome.  They always have to take mine twice.  

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa   About 3 months ago at my family doctors office it was 183/100.  Almost everytime I see a doctor it spikes so, yes, I have white coat symdrome.  They took it again about 15 minutes later and it was down to 169/90....still not great but by the time I got home, it was down to 137/74. This happens to me most times I see a doctor.  During the week it is almost always in that normal range. I always take a paper with about my last weeks worth of bp's so they can see that they are, for the most part, in that normal range.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

Nurses know how to take BP readings.   It's not always White Coat Syndrome that does it .... for me, it's Rushing To Get To the Appointment On Time Syndrome.  They always have to take mine twice.  

@Tinkrbl44 I wasn't suggesting a nurse doesn't know how to take BP but mistakes can be made and I think that could be what happened.  There have been a few times I've had my BP taken and they have to start again because they've done something wrong.