Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is chemotherapy like?

@hyacinth003 

Prayers for you.  Follow all the instructions and keep your phone list close for any questions or concerns you have  before and after treatment. God Bless.

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 ---yes-- that drug  was called the red devil--but I didn't want to put anymore fear or dread into what is already a scary thing---I never researched those chemo drugs before hand---I am not one to rush to google- world about health issues---but you know--my adventure was 10 years ago and in those 10 years, things have changed drastically about treatments and drugs---I think that is fantastic!! So maybe you won't go thru what I did, which compared to many others, I got off much easier. Hope you will keep us posted . Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@hyacinth003

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Everything will be okay. That chemo's gonna gobble up all those cancer cells! Keep the faith🙏❤
Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 ,

Prayers for you to receive healing through the cancer treatments you will receive.  I have not had chemo, but I had treatments for breast cancer two years ago. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hyacinth003  Thinking of you today and hoping all goes smoothly. One down...

Occasional Contributor

@hyacinth003
It’s good to hear you’ve started treatments. I saw that you posted that your cancer is her+. My cancer was triple+. So my progression of treatment was surgery, chemo infusions, then radiation. While chemo infusions (for me) only were once a week for 10 weeks, the herceptin infusions continued for a year, every 3rd week. After that first year, I took oral medications for about 10 yeArs. It was manageable. I wanted to caution you that during chemo your resistance will be diminished. It’s important to let friends and family know that you cannot be exposed to colds and viruses. I was able to continue working. However at a family gathering, caught a virus and ended up with pneumonia and had to skip a week of chemo. All in all, no biggie I guess. In addition, you are not cancer, you are still YOU with the same interests and likes and dislikes as always. I had a friend who always wanted to give me gifts related to breast cancer and I wanted to shout, “I’m still ME!” I hope that doesn’t sound ungrateful. She was well-meaning. Wishing you the best!