Contributor

What is a good multi-vitamin brand?

I take a lot of Lessman vitamins but am looking for a good woman's (senior) multi-vitamin that is a bit less expensive.  I have used some Puritan Pride vitamins in the past but see that some of their multis contain fillers and talc?  Not sure why talc would be an ingredient in vitamins.  Anyway, would appreciate any recommendations for a good, pure multi, reasonable price.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: What is a good multi-vitamin brand?

Ask your Pharmacist.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have used Source Naturals Brand  LIFE FORCE  vitamins  for probably 20 years.  It comes in several formulas.  I like the capsules at 4 a day.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I’ve been searching for the same thing. In addition to no fillers I want amounts which stick closely to recommended RDA guidelines. Many vitamins I found have way too much of almost everything.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would stick to Andrew Lessman.

I take his Essential 1 & buy when it's the TS.

Right now on Andrew's site it's $119 for 360 capsules which would last almost a year. That's only about $10 per month.

Compare the other brands of vitamins ingredients & price to Andrew's.

Doubt you will find one with the ingredients for the price without all the fillers etc.

Honored Contributor

I take ones with less 'stuff' in it than Lessman's.  I don't want to take that high a hit of vitamines.  I just use ones from the health food stoe, Whole Foods or CVS (but not their own brand).  Right now I have gummies!  LOL!!

Honored Contributor

Labdoor dot com rates vitamins and supplements.  They have multi-vitamins rated and give the reasons why.  They test the purity of them, too.  I would take a look at their website.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SKJCPA  I always use Nature Made.  It is at the drugstore and grocery store and an excellent brand.  Many times there is buy one, get one free.  I am a senior too.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Oops!  @Sooner, you just reminded me that I forgot the gummie vitamins that are on sale at CVS. Went online yesterday, before going there, to check out their sales, & forgot to put it on my shopping list.....Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

Ask your physician if there's even a need for you to take a multi-vitamin, and if the answer is "yes", then ask your pharmacist.

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~