Honored Contributor

Re: What is a bespoke eating plan?

@lovesrecess wrote:

A friend has been told to see a dr who pushes the bespoke nutrition plan. Medicare won’t cover this dr, who is an MD, or the bespoke plan. She has no other health insurance. I have not found anything online about it except it looks like prepared meals that are delivered to you...I know my friend couldn’t not ever afford that. She is barely getting by right now. If she could find out the specifics of what to eat, she could do it without spending hundreds of dollars. Sorry I couldn’t find her any more info but was hoping someone here might be kind enough to share any information they have about Bespoke. TIA!

Why does your friend need an eating plan? 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:

A friend has been told to see a dr who pushes the bespoke nutrition plan. Medicare won’t cover this dr, who is an MD, or the bespoke plan. She has no other health insurance. I have not found anything online about it except it looks like prepared meals that are delivered to you...I know my friend couldn’t not ever afford that. She is barely getting by right now. If she could find out the specifics of what to eat, she could do it without spending hundreds of dollars. Sorry I couldn’t find her any more info but was hoping someone here might be kind enough to share any information they have about Bespoke. TIA!

Why does your friend need an eating plan? 

And who "told" her to see the Dr who pushed the plan?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

As I'm sure you've already gathered, @lovesrecess , your friend should base her decisions on what she needs, not on some random advice, whether it was well-intentioned or just a way to get her to buy into a pricey plan.

The point is that, yes, eating plans can be tailored to suit an individual's needs, but the individual ought to be sure what those needs are.  

There are many other ways to find that out besides going to a doctor who "pushes" a costly method, whether the doctor is covered by a health plan or not.

Does she have a particular illness or  condition?  Is it temporary or long-term?  Is she in pain?  Does she have food allergies?  Has she tried changing her eating habits on her own, if that is what she is looking for?  

No doubt you know all this already. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.