QVC Customer Care

Re: What is a GREAT way to clear out the GI tract??

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate to other posters

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

Eat a pound of cherries.

That'll do it for me.Smiley LOL

I eat prunes everyday...like 3 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. Prunes have a different kind of fiber that makes things in your gut slippery so they pass more easily. The key is to eat them on a consistent schedule so that their fiber is spread throughout your gut. I like the Sunsweet brand...yummy.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

T(thread title)

@IHeartFashion

Have your GI  Doctor prescribe a gallon of Go or NuLytely and drink it. The Colon is a Self-Cleaning Organ, it does not need a "detox" to get rid of "whatever build up" some Snake Oil Salesperson is trying to push on the gullible.

Heck, I've drank 20 gallons of Go-NuLytely since 2008, worked like a charm all but 2 times.

hckynut(john)

You can't be serious?

You want her doctor to prescribe a colonoscopy prep? 

@Bri36

I am as serious as those knowingly selling this nonsense about the Colon needing a detox(?). Whole bunch of "who shot john" (to quote Judge Judy). Anyone concerned about their colon, maybe has not had a Colonoscopy, and if over 50/family history, and has not? It's time, hello!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Eat a pound of cherries.

That'll do it for me.Smiley LOL

I eat prunes everyday...like 3 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. Prunes have a different kind of fiber that makes things in your gut slippery so they pass more easily. The key is to eat them on a consistent schedule so that their fiber is spread throughout your gut. I like the Sunsweet brand...yummy.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee, I take Metformin twice daily for diabetes. Anyone who takes Metformin will never, ever need a colon cleanse - trust me. It's pretty fair daily cleansing 😜

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

SilleeMee wrote

I eat prunes everyday...like 3 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. Prunes have a different kind of fiber that makes things in your gut slippery so they pass more easily. The key is to eat them on a consistent schedule so that their fiber is spread throughout your gut. I like the Sunsweet brand...

@SilleeMee

I don't mind prunes but I prefer them when they are still plums. I know prunes are a "special" type of plum, but my preference is still plums. I do however grab a bag of Sunsweet every now and again.

The regular regimen of foods that I eat keeps things moving well enough for me. Prunes are just when I have a fancy for their good taste.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

T(thread title)

@IHeartFashion

Have your GI  Doctor prescribe a gallon of Go or NuLytely and drink it. The Colon is a Self-Cleaning Organ, it does not need a "detox" to get rid of "whatever build up" some Snake Oil Salesperson is trying to push on the gullible.

Heck, I've drank 20 gallons of Go-NuLytely since 2008, worked like a charm all but 2 times.

hckynut(john)

You can't be serious?

You want her doctor to prescribe a colonoscopy prep? 

@Bri36

I am as serious as those knowingly selling this nonsense about the Colon needing a detox(?). Whole bunch of "who shot john" (to quote Judge Judy). Anyone concerned about their colon, maybe has not had a Colonoscopy, and if over 50/family history, and has not? It's time, hello!

hckynut(john)

The OP is not talking about getting a colonoscopy. 

Giving her advice about having her doctor prescribe a colonoscopy prep doesn't make any sense at all. 

Honored Contributor

I'm confused.  Woman LOL  If the colon is self-cleaning as some are saying, which is also my understanding, then why would anyone need to drink Go Lightly to clean out the GI Tract?  I understand prep for a test but just because you are feeling sluggish?

The OP doesn't even know why she is feeling sluggish so I'm not sure telling her to call a doc and have him/her prescribe a colon prep makes any sense anyhow and I can't imagine any doctor would even do that just because one feels sluggish and thinks they need their GI tract cleared out.   

Honored Contributor

C'mon now @Bri36, take it easy on me. The thread title does say "clear out the GI tract", no?  Again, "I do not give medical advice, only suggestions".  If someone that is asking about "clearing/cleaning" their GI Tract/Colon, makes me think they have not seen pictures of their Colon.

If a person has ever had a Colonoscopy, my guess is they usually don't have concerns about "clearing(cleaning)" their GI Tract. If it ain't clean enough they usually caanot complete a Colonoscopy. Happened to me twice, even the gallon of GoLytely did not "clean out the dried blood in my Colon". Had to do it all over again 2 days later, twice now, not just once.

I will drop this now. Said pretty much how I get a clean "clear", I guess to some, GI(Colon) Tract.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut, the OP said she is sluggish, that's why she want to clear out her GI tract. She thinks that is the problem. She didn't say anything about prepping for a colonoscopy or any other test. 

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

C'mon now @Bri36, take it easy on me. The thread title does say "clear out the GI tract", no?  Again, "I do not give medical advice, only suggestions".  If someone that is asking about "clearing/cleaning" their GI Tract/Colon, makes me think they have not seen pictures of their Colon.

If a person has ever had a Colonoscopy, my guess is they usually don't have concerns about "clearing(cleaning)" their GI Tract. If it ain't clean enough they usually caanot complete a Colonoscopy. Happened to me twice, even the gallon of GoLytely did not "clean out the dried blood in my Colon". Had to do it all over again 2 days later, twice now, not just once.

I will drop this now. Said pretty much how I get a clean "clear", I guess to some, GI(Colon) Tract.

hckynut(john)

Not sure how this applies to the OP at all.

Recommending she call her doctor and asking for a colonoscopy prep seems like a very bad idea.