Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is a GREAT way to clear out the GI tract??

The small intestines absorb the nutrients from our foods What is left over and not needed passes into the colon for elimination. Feeling sluggish, etc.? This is where the individual needs to consult with a doctor as dietary intake, etc. play play a major role as does electrolyte balance. Unless there is a long standing constipation, it is unlikely the colon is responsible for the sluggish feeling. Excessive cleansing of the intestinal tract can result in a bad electrolyte balance and cause other problems.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@IHeartFashion wrote:

I've used detox products, ate LOTS of green leafy veggies (including kale), upped my olive oil, drink LOTS of water daily, and make sure any carbs I eat are high in fiber. Sooo... why am I so sluggish? I feel tired a lot, and think it's all related. Is there anything else I can try?

I also go for walks, thinking that would help, but not really. Appreciate tips ♥︎

@IHeartFashion  Andrew Lessman's Fibermucil works very well.

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@natesgrandma wrote:

Pure Esssence Ionic fizz - calcium/magnesium or the magnesium fizz works well for me and I have tried everything. 

Agree with this too...if I do eat pizza or a sandwich or something "bready" magnesium really helps....so I avoid bread and then if I just have to eat it, I drink magnesium powders

hat night or the next night.  It is a decent system for me....

@Mrsq2022 @natesgrandma

Is this what you use? There are several to choose from. Thank you!IMG_6115.JPG

Frequent Contributor

Pure Essence is exactly what I use - It is the only  thing I keep coming back to.   Everything else I end up throwing out. 

Trusted Contributor

Well, I've discovered the holy grail for GI slugishness & it is capsular Probiotics

I just take 2 every morning & then refrigerate the bottle between doses.

My life time issue starting with "colic" as a newborn and up until I went the priobotic route has done a complete turn around. 

dee

Valued Contributor

A very easy way to clean out GI tract is to simply drink lemon juice in water with a bit of heoney before bed. I make a big mason jar and sip on it because I wake up thirsty. I struggle with fatigue too. Honestly I think there are just so many toxins we are becoming over all challenged. Also take epsom salt baths to get some magnesium in the legs.

Super Contributor

I use an Auvedic herb combination called Trifala. I take it daily. It helps to clean and tone you intestines. There is alot about it on Google.  

Esteemed Contributor

@IHeartFashion wrote:

I've used detox products, ate LOTS of green leafy veggies (including kale), upped my olive oil, drink LOTS of water daily, and make sure any carbs I eat are high in fiber. Sooo... why am I so sluggish? I feel tired a lot, and think it's all related. Is there anything else I can try?

I also go for walks, thinking that would help, but not really. Appreciate tips ♥︎

Right off the bat I'd get down to basics.  Your intestines rarely have anything to do with your get-up-and-go.  There is an entire industry out there bound and determined to convince everyone that they need to use their detox product in order to get rid of x, y and z for optimum health.  In my book, it's call snake oil.

If you smoke.  Stop smoking. If you drink alcohol, stop drinking.  If you like sugary drinks, stop drinking those.  How is your state of mind?

Seems to me (the clinical side of me) that if this has been your physical state for some time, it's time for labs.  Could be you're anemic, etc.  Make an appointment with your PCP and get those labs done, just to see if there is anything going on.

Please do this.