Honored Contributor

What has worked for those who have dry, cracked and bleeding hands

I have tried l'occitane, working hands, the other cream that is sold on Q, argon oil, OTC lotions and sleeping with cotton gloves on.  Nothing is working.  I would appreciate any suggestions. TIA!

Honored Contributor

Re: What has worked for those who have dry, cracked and bleeding hands

How about coconut oil and liquid unpasteurized honey.these are both messy so you will need your cotton gloves.Do you have excema or psoriasis?

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 I know you said you tried sleeping with gloves on - have you tried Vaseline w/the gloves?  That really helped me.

(I've also read about using Crisco lol but I'm not going to try that)

Honored Contributor

If none of those things have worked, I recommend seeing a dermatologist to see if you have something else going on, like eczema. Your doctor can check to see if that's the case and, if it is, help you eliminate the things that might be causing or aggravating it. You can also get a prescription strength ointment or cream to help get over a flareup. 

Honored Contributor

I had a pharmacist suggest Neutrogena hand cream for the cracks on my fingers...

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Plain coconut oil helps mine a lot.

Respected Contributor

My dad used to use Cornhusker's.  Not sure if you can still get that.  

I like eucerin -- it comes in a plastic tub and is very thick.  Forms a coating on your skin.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My favorite hand creams are:

Skinn Hand Restore
Deborah Lippmann Rich Girl
Tru Blue Spa Look Ma New Hands

Regular Contributor

O'Keefe's working hands. If your feet are dry, try their Healthy feet cream, it's great too!!

Honored Contributor

@dex @ChynnaBlue

Thank you for asking about psoriasis and eczema.  I don't have either.  I saw the dermatologist 2 weeks ago and he told me to use the prescription triamcinolone acetonide cream that is used for dermatitis. I called the derm doctor and the earliest I can see him is March. So I will again use the patient portal and see if he has any other suggestions. When we lived in Omaha my husband's friend was a pharmacist and he used to compound a secret mixture that was fantastic. The pharmacist has since retired.