Honored Contributor

Re: What do you Think About This Quote?

[ Edited ]

I don't let any "industry" show me how to live a healthy life. I've spent a good part of my adult life learning what is good for me. For me it all comes back to believing that food is the best medicine and learning what food to eat makes all the difference to me.

My answer to the op question is I neither agree or disagree.

Trusted Contributor

I do, unfortunately you, agree with the quote.  And that is precisely why I, not my doctor, am in charge of my health.  I view him as a consultant only--I do my own research and make my decisions.  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I think it's about 120 or so years out of date. It got its roots  in the Victorian era and early 20th C when there were few to no laws regarding food preparation production and the medical profession was in many ways still medieval in its knowledge of sanitation, germs and diseases - not to mention vitamins and minerals, or public health.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I think it's not true.....

Honored Contributor

Re: Low fat whole foods plant based for optimum health!

@Trinity11 wrote:

@sophiamarie wrote:

I don't remember ever being served breakfast after my heart attack.  I was in ICU for four days.  I was there for 9 days in total.  There was absolutely NO bacon and eggs.

I didn't even get bacon and eggs when I had the titanium screws put it my hip because it was my Cardiologist who admitted me.  I was in the Ortho wing, but still no bacon and eggs.  He is my PCP and called the Ortho surgeon, who did the procedure.  But, my diet was a cardio diet.  Little does he know, what I eat at home.

I was transferred to a hospital with a Cath lab the day after a major heart attack. No room just partitions between the patients. We were all monitored from a front desk.  Both days, I was served horrible, caloric, fatty foods. Both hospitals paid no interest in what I ate and I had to keep asking for insulin. It was a nightmare.

@Trinity11, after my niece's DH's surgery in January, they kept insisting on giving him insulin he didn't want or need. He's Type 2 and takes only pills or lives by diet. They would bring him a full dinner plate, assume he was going to eat everything they brought (how often does that happen in ICU?) and give him that insulin (over)dose. It was creepy!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: Low fat whole foods plant based for optimum health!

@sidsmom wrote:

IMG_1208.jpg

This. Definitely this.