Honored Contributor

What do you Think About This Quote?

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you Think About This Quote?

[ Edited ]

I don't agree. I am diabetic and  my Dr pays a great deal of attention to my blood sugar, which is largely determined by food

Respected Contributor

Disagree.  That may have been true at one time, but now the health industry pays alot of attention to food.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

For the people who need to eat in certain ways for their health or diet or preferences, I think they are all more alert since so many companies have to list now what's in their products. 

Honored Contributor

I think this quote was true at one time, but, not anymore.

Honored Contributor

While of course there are exceptions to every rule (statement), I feel that in general this is true and could be expanded upon slightly with a further thought that the health industry is just that, an industry concerned with money and profit first

The byproduct of that industry has been some great life saving procedures, drugs and research, most definitely, but is first and foremost these days, a profit seeking industry.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

While of course there are exceptions to every rule (statement), I feel that in general this is true and could be expanded upon slightly with a further thought that the health industry is just that, an industry concerned with money and profit first

The byproduct of that industry has been some great life saving procedures, drugs and research, most definitely, but is first and foremost these days, a profit seeking industry.

@Mominohio

I am amazed that Xarelto is still being hawked on TV, even though my instinct tells me it killed Arnold Palmer who was its prior spokesman, along with other athletes.  There has been a lot of controversy about this med.

Their new commercials now have two youngsters, a female Olympic swimmer and a male race car driver.  I can't even imagine how much they have to pay to the networks to continue to hawk this dangerous med.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

I disagree that the health industry pays no attention to food. I don't believe it was ever neglectful of the importance of good nutrition and definitely not now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTreeAny medicine has the potential to be dangerous. Look at what otc asprin did to me

I think we are fortunate to live in a time when so many lives have been saved by the advances in medicine, including my husband, who is a cancer survivor

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I think it tries, but there is always need for improvement.