Trusted Contributor

@Zhills I went through something similar with my son.  I did not tell my second son (who was away training for a job with homeland security) at the request of his fiancee.  He didn't mention anything to me until later, but he suspected something was wrong and was making himself sick and not sleeping, imaginging that things were worse than they were, and that I didn't want to talk about it.  (I would not have guessed that it would have effected him at all. He doesn't show emotion.)  

I did get good news when I woke up from my first surgery which was that they were able to get clear margins.   I should have a follow-up end of July.

Do the math.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What did you do...

[ Edited ]

No phone call from the Doctor with colonoscopy results.  It has been a week.  Really getting concerned!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zhills

I realize this is not the same thing, but my sister has been waiting a month for a nerve biopsy result.  The biopsy will determine whether she has Guillain Barre or CIDP.  Treatment is different depending on diagnosis.  She saw her doctor yesterday and he mentioned he never got the results. 

Please don't be nervous.  It's better they really evaluate tests/samples carefully.

I think about you daily, hang in there.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Still waiting....just hoping she has been extremely and that the results are not bad enough that she will tell me when I go in on Monday!  Keep me in your prayers.  I am a mess!

Frequent Contributor

((( @Zhills )))

((( Of course you feel like a mess. )))  Waiting can take one on a big, long roller coaster ride of emotions and it is exhausting.  

I'm thinking of you and whatever the outcome is, you are not alone here.  We will listen, support you and assist you however we can.

((( Praying for the best. )))

Frequent Contributor

@MarieIG  Wishing you continued healing.  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

@Bird mama

Guillain-Barré is not good.  I'm so sorry for your sister and her family.  

I hope she responds well to the treatments and does well on this journey.  

Trusted Contributor

@karuna thank you very much.

Do the math.
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Zhills

I realize this is not the same thing, but my sister has been waiting a month for a nerve biopsy result.  The biopsy will determine whether she has Guillain Barre or CIDP.  Treatment is different depending on diagnosis.  She saw her doctor yesterday and he mentioned he never got the results. 

Please don't be nervous.  It's better they really evaluate tests/samples carefully.

I think about you daily, hang in there.

So sorry.  My friend had GB and it is not nice.  Wishing your sister the best!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Saw the Doctor today.  Minute malignancy comfirmed.  She said the surgery would be the same as having to remove the perforation from diverticulitis.....the follow up treatment will be the difference.  Apparently, no sign of it spreading to lymph nodes or liver.

Haven't told anyone else yet.  Just trying to comprehend it all.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words.  They have really helped me to face this.

Now, on to tomorrow.....Keep me in y our prayers.