Honored Contributor

Re: What are your favorite workout songs?

Here are the4 first 10 songs from my walking playlist. Links are to their YouTube videos.

Don't Touch Me (Throw Da Water on 'Em) by Busta Rhymes

Tightrope by Janelle Monae

Galaxy Bounce by The Chemical Brothers

Party Rock by LMFAO

It Takes Two by Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock

Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne

Back in the USSR by The Beatles (no video, but I'm sure you know it)

White Lines by Duran Duran (I have the original Grandmaster Flash later in the playlist, because this song ALWAYS gets me moving.)

Dragula by Rob Zombie

Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepson (partly because I know Rob Zombie would fall down crying if he knew that)

I've also got Mariam Makeba's Pata Pata, which I used to dance around to when I was tiny, some Elvis,  ELO, a version of the Cotton Eyed Joe, some P!nk, and loads of other things.

Anything really upbeat, especially if it's always made me move and has positive memories associated with it. We used to play It Takes Two at my summer camp dances when I was a counselor and I have fantastic memories of good friends and times I loved. White Lines is a song I used to roller skate to when I was in my teens and 20s, so it also has positive memories of moving and being with friends associated with it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Don't know the artist but it's called 'It's Raining Men'.

Oh, good choice! That was originally by The Weather Girls! They were called Two Tons of Fun before they released It's Raining Men and changed their name to The Weather Girls with the release of It's Raining Men (Hallelujah!). It's been covered by a few artists since then. We sang it in my women's choir in high school and I remember we did minor choreography with raincoats and umbrellas. My choir director was NOT into pop songs or choreography and I can't remember doing either ever again, so that was a real standout moment. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Don't know the artist but it's called 'It's Raining Men'.

Oh, good choice! That was originally by The Weather Girls! They were called Two Tons of Fun before they released It's Raining Men and changed their name to The Weather Girls with the release of It's Raining Men (Hallelujah!). It's been covered by a few artists since then. We sang it in my women's choir in high school and I remember we did minor choreography with raincoats and umbrellas. My choir director was NOT into pop songs or choreography and I can't remember doing either ever again, so that was a real standout moment. Smiley Happy

Oh, wow!  What a memory, @ChynnaBlue.  That songs makes you move alright.  I just listened to it on YouTube by several artists and I was jiggling in my chair.

When this was first released on video, there was another woman supposedly sing it.  She was lip singing to the real singer's voice. The record company felt that there was no audience for an obese woman in a video.

"The quieter you become, the more you can hear". (By Ram Dass, an American Spiritual Teacher) \em>