Honored Contributor

Re: What are your energy tips and tricks

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

@SilleeMee You know you are most likely right about the vitamin d.I live in Washington State of Rain.

I was referring to B12, not D. But low vitamin D levels have been associated with fatigue, too, and where you're at it might be a good idea to get it checked.  Maybe your doctor can check both. I know when mine were checked they were both low! I felt tired all the time. @dex

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee oops told you I was a little tired I think you are right on both vitamins....will get that checked.

Respected Contributor

When I was pregnant, the fatigue early on was extreme. I did some research and learned that eating almonds and walnuts before bed helped. It literally worked overnight for me. So I switched from Soy to almond milk to have more almonds throughout the day and I continue my nightly ritual.

I also use a Happy Light for 30 mins on days I don't go outside and during the winter to get more light. It helps me sleep and keep my sleep cycle on track.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

@NycVixen I am eating almonds and walnuts as I type...hope it works as well for me as you...thanks..They are darn good too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NycVixen wrote:

When I was pregnant, the fatigue early on was extreme. I did some research and learned that eating almonds and walnuts before bed helped. It literally worked overnight for me. So I switched from Soy to almond milk to have more almonds throughout the day and I continue my nightly ritual.

I also use a Happy Light for 30 mins on days I don't go outside and during the winter to get more light. It helps me sleep and keep my sleep cycle on track.

Wow, I eat 10 almonds mixed with 30 raisins every afternoon as a snack. But I never knew the almonds could give you energy. Guess the almond fat boosts your fat-burning metabolism. Almonds are supposed to be a belly-fat buster food.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think chocolate is good for what ever ails you 😀

but I'm a believer in almonds also.....I grab a few when I get hungry in the evening. I believe they do help with energy level and also good to grab a few to curb appetite when trying to maintain weight.

Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361   

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Absolutely no sugar. I eat a great deal of protein. I also think "anxiety" is a great energy booster. It's really under-rated. I'm somewhat "high-strung" and I like it that way. Woman Happy

I love your response!!!    LOL   I am high strung too but I can accomplish more then anyone I know my age or even most younger.  If I get a good nights sleep look out!   LOL

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

Wow, I eat 10 almonds mixed with 30 raisins every afternoon as a snack. But I never knew the almonds could give you energy. Guess the almond fat boosts your fat-burning metabolism. Almonds are supposed to be a belly-fat buster food.

@SilleeMee I found this article that really explains how almonds give you energy:

Almonds are packed with a potent combination of energy-enriching nutrients, including manganese, vitamin E, magnesium, tryptophan, copper, vitamin B2 (riboflavin), and phosphorus. Magnesium has been called a miracle mineral because of its multifunctional capabilities: In addition to being an essential part of more than 300 biological processes, magnesium aids in the production of energy, supports the immune system, improves sleep patterns, relaxes muscles, relieves stress and anxiety, and boosts mood.

The protein and fiber in almonds stabilizes blood sugar and slows digestion, which helps regulate energy, so you have steady reserves over time. Healthy fats like the kind found in almonds have been found to curb appetite and prevent overeating that can result in weight gain and its accompanying feelings of fatigue. The fat and fiber in almonds also contribute a feeling of satiety that helps prevent mindless snacking. For these reasons, almonds and other nuts are frequently recommended as part of a healthy diet for people looking to lose weight.

Rev it up: Spread almond butter on whole-grain crackers, or combine a handful of raw almonds with unsweetened dried fruit for a satisfying snack full of fiber and protein.

https://www.caring.com/articles/best-snacks-for-energy

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

Thank you @NycVixen. That was very informative. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Thank you @NycVixen. That was very informative. Woman Happy

@SilleeMee

Have you ever tried soaking your almonds?

Just cover almonds in water overnight...and it gives them 

a chewy texture.   I used to prep containers of almond-apple-celery

for snacks...just something different.