Honored Contributor

What are your energy tips and tricks

I think that I am drinking too much coffee to stay energized.I just got back into excercise after sitting it out for eight weeks healing a fractured foot.I also joined a new kick butt gym and I need a energy boost.

Honored Contributor

Re: What are your energy tips and tricks

I drink matcha in the morning and I find that it gives me mind focus for most of the day. There is an amino acid unique to matcha that makes the caffeine in it act more potently and gives it a time-release factor so the caffeine stays with you longer than coffee or tea. I can surely feel a difference when I don't have my matcha!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex,

Glad to see your foot has healed enough to "get back into it". I have no "tricks or tips" for an energy boost. From my many recoveries I know there are no "tricks" I ever knew about. Pretty much the same way I got my energy before being injured or hit with heart attacks, and things like that.

I make sure I eat and drink the right foods for me, and in the right amounts. Never was into any "quick boost" drinks or bars. While I did/do believe in electrolyte replacement after a hard physical "anything", never believed that would boost my energy.

Pretty much a believer in slowly working my way back into conditioning, along with the right fuel for my body. To me an "energy boost" can be a placebo food or drink, it is more psychological than physical. If one thinks it gives them more, or quick energy boost, who am I to tell them it doesn't?

My suggestion is go easy any remember that 8 weeks is a long time, and things not used take awhile to come back. Fortunately for those that were pretty fit before their injury, muscles have memory, and you can recover at a faster pace than the more sedentary among us.

Wishing you the best, and always remember the word "patience" when it comes to any recovery.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Cut out the "whites" (sugar, flour, bread...)

Honored Contributor

@hckynut I guess I know you pretty well now because I knew if you responded almost certainly what you would say.Thanks for your input.I hope you too have recovered from your skating misshap.

Honored Contributor

@scatcat Yes that is probably a problem that I need to get under control.I am a chocolate addict.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee I do believe that you are right about the tea.I am going to have to acquire a taste for that in the morning.I just am so hooked on coffee.

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely no sugar. I eat a great deal of protein. I also think "anxiety" is a great energy booster. It's really under-rated. I'm somewhat "high-strung" and I like it that way. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Have you ever had your vitamin B12 checked? It's a blood test. Low levels can sometimes cause feelings of low energy. Low levels are often seen in people who are vegan or vegetarian. @dex

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee You know you are most likely right about the vitamin d.I live in Washington State of Rain.