Respected Contributor

Re: What are you doing to age gracefully?

Eat well. We avoid processed foods, artificial sweeteners, etc.
Continue to learn
Move daily
Have fun
Super Contributor

Walk, alot of water, sleep, smile alot......I do a gratitude list each morning and began for the new year to work a path of forgiveness bc I was holding too much anger from the past. I had a dear Great Aunt tell me once that "anger is very taxing on the skin"...lol....I love everyone's ideas...thank you for sharing !!!!

Valued Contributor

Great topic.

What I strive to do daily is as follows:   I start the day with about 30 minutes of quiet time with a cup of coffee.  During this time I read different topics but all are upligting.  After that I walk my dog followed by my exercise time.  I try to eat healthy most days but do go out to eat at least once a week.   I try to stay connected to friends.  The other 2 things that I try to do, is just smile when I see people etc.   I think it is so easy to drift mentally on a to do list that we forget to be friendly etc.  Also, I try not to complain about age.  I turned 60 this year as did many of my high school friends and many seem to showcase their age in a negative way.   I decided I didn't want to be that.  I recently visited my 85 year old mother and noticed that she nevery complained about her heatlh.  In fact, she doesn't really think of herself as old or limiited.   I want to approach aging that way if possible.

Honored Contributor

Nothing in particular.  Just living my life as usual.  So far, so good!  

I don't foresee any changes.  

Honored Contributor

Try not to sweat the small stuff and keep on trucking.

Valued Contributor

I surround myself with beauty.  I live in beautiful natural surroundings anyway, but I have made my home as beautiful as I can make it.  

From an intellectual standpoint, I care little for the arts and music and literature of today.  There are exceptions, of course, but history provides a much richer understanding of the world as it exists today. 

There is nothing new under the sun.  I absolutley ascribe to the idea that those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Valued Contributor

- i try to stay stress free

- laugh a lot

- buy skin care products that are not loaded with harmful or potentially harmful chemicals (ie face cleansers, moisturizers, shower gels, body butter). i don't wear makeup, never have and have no plans to start

- take andrew lessman supplements

- stay far away from negative nellie's

- most of the time, i eat healthy, no fast food, no processed food that i can think of

- i feel 25, not the 25 of today, the 25 in the 80's, as in care free. i don't think about age

Trusted Contributor

I walk away from toxic people and drama.  I try to never get angry by mentally stopping myself.  i have learned to forgive which is a great feeling.  I meditate.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

Just keep breathing.  

Respected Contributor

@New Grandma wrote:

@NicksmomESQ (I always enjoy your posts.) “To stay young you have to evolve & not judge.” 

Good point! I think it’s important to keep moving forward. When we judge and only see “our way or the highway” we get stuck. When we get stuck we stop growing, learning and appreciating life. Then we become old, judgmental and irritable. Children are open and excited and take everything in. Regardless of our age it’s important to keep growing and learning. I think then we continue to appreciate and enjoy life and enjoy change and growth. I don’t mean by sacrificing our thoughts or beliefs but being open to listen and understand. And using the wisdom we have gained over the years I think we gain even more knowledge and understanding. And I think that wisdom tells us we can still learn a great deal. It’s my hope to continue to evolve, move forward, take it all in, enjoy and appreciate my life. I am greatful as I get to spend a great deal of time with my grandchildren, they teach me far more than I could ever teach them!

I agree @New Grandma.  I do what the others have said about eating, exercising, etc.  But, keeping your mind challenged and constantly learning is important and keeps you feeling young.