Valued Contributor

What are you doing to age gracefully?

What are you doing to age gracefully?  I read another thread  that talked about feeling your age.

Would love to hear what others are doing be as healthy as possible as you grow older...mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually. 

Can't wait to read your comments and suggestions!

Honored Contributor

Re: What are you doing to age gracefully?

[ Edited ]

I stay active, watch my diet, take time to fix myself up every day, that means makeup ,,and doing my hair daily( including washing it when I bathe)

I pick out clothing that suits my age. and figure. I stay interested in other people, and what is going on in the world around me

It is spirit, mind, and body ,for me

Trusted Contributor

i buy the best facial products i can afford to buy, eat healthy all the time, workout everyday, take long walks. i just hope i can keep all that going!

Respected Contributor

At 84, keep fit with working out and gardening, eat well, dress up when I go out. So far, so good. 

Honored Contributor

I try not to get stressed out.   I think stress ages everyone in a big way.

Other than that, I do not do anything differently than I have always done.  Mother Nature has been kind to me, so I just let her lead.

There is no way to stop the aging process...but thankfully, we are only one day older than yesterday...no big deal.

Valued Contributor

Oh my gosh @StylishLady ,  84????, I've seen pictures of you that you've posted.  You look great!  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I work out almost every day - workouts that are appropriate for my joint problems.  Weights (low weight,  high rep) or non-power yoga or enjoyable low impact aerobic dance. Pilates twice weekly - I still  use the old Winsor Pilates workouts! 

I use Paula's Choice products including exfoliant, clinical retinol and sunblock, though I have damage from years of sunburns at least I can prevent more. 

Drink lots of water, take supplements including those prescribed by my naturopath for bone health. 

Practice balance every day and make sure to get up regularly from my desk job and move around.

Keep my weight in check with my weeky WW meeting. It's a lot of work but I think I look pretty okay for going on 61.

Oh yes - meditation.

Honored Contributor

I eat healthy and try to look as good as I can. I take good care of my skin and keep my hair colored ( just a personal choice ) more important , I keep up with current events, new music and books. As long as you stay curious and keep your mind open I think that is important as anything else.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Honestly, not enough. And I am finding, the older I am, when I let myself go, its harder and harder to get back on course and get where I want to be. I know I would feel better if I lost some weight.

I talked to a friend yesterday who was about where I am now, when she lost 40 lbs. She looks amazing.

Esteemed Contributor

I eat healthy. I watch my weight . I exercise.I always dress nice,stylish & age appropriate.I take very good care of my skin.I fix my hair & put on makeup nearly everyday.

I’m also forward thinking & always willing to listen . My opinions are current & not based on “old fashioned ideas”.To stay young you have to evolve & not judge.