Honored Contributor

Re: What about the vibrating machine?

[ Edited ]

An amazing chiropractor that I use has several in his office for use by clients for free while waiting for appointments.  If you are considering, you might want to do some research.  I use it for whole body circulation and have no illusions about it shaking off fat (I wish!!)  This is nothing like that goofy 50s machine that had a belt looped around your waist.

Each to their own, I would love to own a vibrating platform and have compared prices.  The good platforms are very expensive...about a year ago there was a vendor at Costco and I wish I had pruchased then.  

As far as rebounders are concerned, I've had excellent results!  I am grateful that I own one.  The best for the lymphatic system and low-impact exercise. 

The bottom line,  if the exercise, sport, food, equipment doesn't resonate with you.....you most likely won't use/benefit from it.  

Best of health to all of us!

@Snowpuppy Lots of clients in my chiro's office have had excellent results re lymphatic drainage.  Sounds as if your health is improving :smileywink

@World Traveler.....it does get your circulation buzzing!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@febe1 

There were a lot of posts on this top sometime back, must have been in the Wellness Forum. If you don't get enough responses here, might check back on that forum and see if it gives you more info.

I personally have no idea what this machine is or is supposed to do, so I won't comment.

ETA: ooops! This is the Wellness Forum. Sorry.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Vibration causes involuntary muscle contractions. The contractions are quick and numerous so the user doesn't notice them. How effective vibration platforms work on reducing fat remains debatable. Some people say it burns about the same amount of calories as walking at a medium pace. But if you are unable to walk then a vibration plate might be helpful.I 

I agree, @SilleeMee , and I think it would promote lymph cleansing.  I know one thing, I wouldn't want anyone to see my body when I was using it.  Ugly picture in my head right now........Woman Surprised

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

Me, too! Smiley Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden Thank you! That's interesting. I know walking and impact with bones are benefits. Although no "impact", all that movement might be the same. 

This would surely be a big advantage for the sellers to talk about for using it.  

Occasional Contributor

@VancouverUSAgal wrote:

I am highly skeptical -reminds me of those machines they had many years ago that had a belt that went around the hips and vibrated. They went away because they didn't do anything. 

My grandma told me she used to work out at a women's only place called Elaine Powers, and that she did a vibrating belt thing.  I think they had huge rollers too that were supposed to sculpt the figure.

Respected Contributor

@czecheredpast wrote:

@VancouverUSAgal wrote:

I am highly skeptical -reminds me of those machines they had many years ago that had a belt that went around the hips and vibrated. They went away because they didn't do anything. 

My grandma told me she used to work out at a women's only place called Elaine Powers, and that she did a vibrating belt thing.  I think they had huge rollers too that were supposed to sculpt the figure.

OMGOODNESS! Thanks for bringing back this memory! Back in the day when I was twenty and just married, I use to workout at Elaine Powers! It was wonderful! I weighed 115 lbs then but thought I was too fat! I was 5'3". I loved the camaraderie with the other ladies. After 6 mos, we decided to have a luncheon. Everyone bought in a dish. Right there in the gym! We set up a long table. I remember it was the first time I'd ever tasted stuffed grape leaves. Delicious! Those were wonderful days! Such fun! That was 47 years ago! 🤗

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

NO

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Starpolisher wrote:

@czecheredpast wrote:

@VancouverUSAgal wrote:

OMGOODNESS! Thanks for bringing back this memory! Back in the day when I was twenty and just married, I use to workout at Elaine Powers! It was wonderful! I weighed 115 lbs then but thought I was too fat! I was 5'3". I loved the camaraderie with the other ladies. After 6 mos, we decided to have a luncheon. Everyone bought in a dish. Right there in the gym! We set up a long table. I remember it was the first time I'd ever tasted stuffed grape leaves. Delicious! Those were wonderful days! Such fun! That was 47 years ago! 🤗

Sounds like so much fun!  I wish they had places like that now! 

I hate working out and having men stare and make comments.  I found a  Zumba class with all women so take that, and lift a little free weights at home. 

Your grape stuffed grape leaves comment brought back memories for me too! They are called Dolmas.   Now I want one!