Esteemed Contributor

What about the vibrating machine?

What about the vibrating machine? Do you think it has any worth. Just standing there while the fat shakes around, doesn't seem helpful to anything.

Super Contributor

Re: What about the vibrating machine?

I am highly skeptical -reminds me of those machines they had many years ago that had a belt that went around the hips and vibrated. They went away because they didn't do anything. 

Trusted Contributor

@febe1  I think your question is the answer.  It just shakes the fat around that one already has.  In order to lose weight one has to physicially move around, just shaking what's already there won't burn the fat off. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

@febe1  I think your question is the answer.  It just shakes the fat around that one already has.  In order to lose weight one has to physicially move around, just shaking what's already there won't burn the fat off. 

@LuvmyLab , SIGH....

Honored Contributor

Vibration causes involuntary muscle contractions. The contractions are quick and numerous so the user doesn't notice them. How effective vibration platforms work on reducing fat remains debatable. Some people say it burns about the same amount of calories as walking at a medium pace. But if you are unable to walk then a vibration plate might be helpful.

Respected Contributor

I don't know which vibrating machine you're referring to, but it maybe helpful to read the product description.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My honest opinion of all of them is I think they're stupid and a waste of money. JMO

Honored Contributor

I like using my rebounder.....bounce up and down on it. Have used it for years on the theory (and research sometime back) that it is good for the lymphatic system, which helps with the immune system.

I would think the vibrating machine might aid in that area too. Not sure about losing weight, but would be good for getting the system moving!

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler   My doctor recommended the rebounder for use in the winter when I cannot walk out side...I need bone building exercise.  I like it, and use it several times a week.

Esteemed Contributor

It's called whole body vibration and I've done it for 4+ yrs.

I use it for circulation and lymphatic drainage. Fat loss? Not so much.

As @SilleeMee said, it does contract muscles. DS who is a total gym rat said it's a great leg workout for him.

Follow with a warm liquid when finished such as tea or bone broth and you'll experience smoother moves in the bathroom as well.