Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Your Tongue is Trying to Tell You About Your Health

I can never see anything particular on my tongue. It just looks like a tongue. Guess that's a good thing, right? 😛

Respected Contributor

I have always had the ripples along the edges (unabsorbed nutrients, impressions of teeth).  I was told by a nutritionist that it represented a gunky spleen. 

Super Contributor

Hoosieroriginal, do you know of a remedy for  a gunky spleen?  Just curious.  My tongue has tooth imprints most of the time.

Respected Contributor

My tongue is very uneventful . . .  just a happy pink color . . . but thank you, @lolakimono for posting this . . .   as I have read many times, even years ago, about how significant the appearance of your tongue is in detecting issues to one's overall health.

Honored Contributor

Wow! I'm in shock!Smiley Surprised My tongue has the rippled edge. Malabsorption is what my doc diagnosed me as having!Smiley Surprised What a shock.

Trusted Contributor

I have a geographic tongue and so it changes from day to day.  In addition, I have a long split down the middle.  As if someone tried to cut it in have, but didn't quite make the cute deep enough.  So, these charts mean nothing for me.