Honored Contributor

Re: What Will You Do For Yourself in 2019?

@sann wrote:

Stop ordering stuff from QVC.

@sann                     !

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Try to get some facials/massages.  I don't travel or do a lot of other things so this would be nice.  Also, go back to eating healthier, shop less especially from shopping channels.

Respected Contributor

I started losing weight in 2018 and am going to continue in 2019.

My doctor confirmed that my use of insulin IS slowing down my weight loss, which has been super frustrating!  My lab numbers were so good that he is decreasing the insulin with the hope I can be OFF of it.

So I will move more for the other phase of what I am doing.  Was thinking last night that I don't have to make the New Year resolution to lose weight as I'm already doing it!

Hope I can keep on.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

My left knee has become so painful with osteo arthritis that I am going to call a doctor and do something about it.  

This is is a big step for me.  I am tired of limping around.  The pain is messing with my active lifestyle.

Honored Contributor

When DH was diagnosed type 2 diabetes range the first week of December, he decided to eat better and exercise more.  I am doing the same thing and really isn’t bad.

We are actively looking for a small treadmill to use when it’s too cold to leave home.

Honored Contributor

Wow Like many of you I have very similar issues!!

I need to & would really like to start a yoga program but I need to go slow & gentle to begin with. I'm a bit out of shape.  I think it's really important to focus on balance as we age.

I also have osteoarthritis in my right knee and it's gotten worse this past year.  I need to see a doctor about it. (another reason the yoga has to be very slow & gentle!)

I need to stop buying so much stuff from the Q!...mostly stuff that I simply don't need! 

Lastly I would also like to eat healthier.  I would like to lose weight but more importantly than looking better I want to feel better as I get older.  I think if I eat better and get more exercise, I'll start feeling a bit better and the weight will come off naturally.  I just have to stop eating those bad carbs which I did too much of over the last several weeks!

Honored Contributor

I intend to continue gifting myself with peace, and it must start with a long overdue statement to someone who just doesn’t get where I am right now.    

Honored Contributor

I plan to do the same as I have always planned:  eat healthy, get lots of exercise (I love this part), and get the sleep we all need to recharge our batteries.  

But over the last three years, my life wasn’t in my control.  Just going to hope it goes my way, this year. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm going to try to mend a friendship that has gotten strained over the past 6 months.  

Honored Contributor

2018 was a tough year for me health-wise so will try and get myself on a healthier track.  Don't really like to exercise much - finding motivation to do so is difficult - and finding something I really like to do is even harder!  LOL  Anyway, its an ongoing battle for me even before last year's issues.  I keep trying tho.

There are a few other things too but small steps at first will hopefully lead to bigger steps and I'll go from there.