Honored Contributor

What Was The REAL Paleo Diet ?

This is interesting:

New evidence from prehistoric human teeth reveals what the 'paleo diet' really looked like — and it's not what you think

New archaeological research may have revealed that the original 'paleo diet' contained wheat and barley, and was not just restricted to meat and vegetables as the current diet is.

Scientists studied the remains of people who lived around 9,000 years ago in the late Mesolithic (6600 - 6450 BC) and the Mesolithic-Neolithic phases (6200 - 5900 BC) and found plant matter fossilised in their teeth.

Thanks to poor dental hygiene, micro-fossils were trapped in ancient plaque on their teeth. The researchers say these plaques contain plants — cereals, in fact — that weren't thought to be part of people's diets for another four centuries. 

More information here:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-prehistoric-paleo-diet-actually-did-include-cereals-2016-9

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Was The REAL Paleo Diet ?

Well those must have been prehistorics who weren't counting carbs.  😁

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

LOL Woman LOL

They are learning so much from what's embedded in or on people's teeth.  They can even get the DNA from some of it.  It's amazing.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom

I thought you might be interested in this subject, also.

I know you collect information on various diets, etc.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7

Thank you.

ETA:

@Noel7

I adore this non-profit website called, NutritionFacts.org.

Dr. Michael Greger has short, informative videos about popular nutritional news.  Every video is has a written transcript & sources cited.  

On Thursday, he posted a video about how he makes these videos...all the work behind the scenes.   In return, I know how much you like research...I KNOW you'll appreciate this website.  Check it out. 💛

http://nutritionfacts.org

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

L O L

and those "prehistorics" never were heavy, LOL, as they walked everywhere and did a lot of hard labor......

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz wrote:

Giggle.

Just think, if "Grain Brain" & "Wheat Belly" books weren't on the caveman bestseller list, there might be more cows alive today! 🐂

Honored Contributor

Noel:  I just read a newsletter email (Sun. Sept. 25) from Teen Vogue.com.  It's re: a disease related to menstrual p*riods.  Something you and your friend might be interested in reading.  The disease is: von Willebrand Disease. The patient is Chloe Christos (lives in Australia).  A fairly 'new' disease/diagnosis. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY

THANK YOU my friend!  I'm going to look into it, do a little online research.