Honored Contributor

Re: What Products Do You Use For Neuropathy Please?

@GenXmuse wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@GenXmuse 

I've never seen that Nervefix before. I looked at the ingredients in it and it contains belladonna. Isn't that a poison?

Yes in its straight full form but it's diluted enough that it it doesn't pose a problem. I ran it past my doctor and he didn't have any problem with me taking it.  Interestingly enough, when my kids were babies the pediatrician recommended Hyland's teething droplets, which also contains belladonna and he reassured me that is was perfectly safe, but yeah, that definitely gave me pause. Of course, I'd never recommend anyone take it if that is a concern if it worries them. It wouldn't be worth it. 

I've taken homeopathic arsenic before for nausea or upset stomach. Always helps. If it's homeopathic, arsenic and belladonna are so diluted they will help, not harm. The theory is: "Like cures like." So when those folks took belladonna for a high and ended up with joint pain, it's what belladonna does if taken in minute doses as in  homeopathy. Helps joint pain. But taking a lot of it will of course cause the opposite effect.

Esteemed Contributor

@Teddie   Have you used the cell salts before?  Are you familiar with them?  I would like to recommend a great guide book called Homeopathic Cell Salt Remedies - Healing with Natures's 12 Mineral Compounds by Nigey Lennon and Lionel Rolfe.  I got it for around $10 on Amazon and it is so helpful.

The incident with my husband was over 10 years ago so I am not sure exactly what he took.  Does your daughter have a ganglia?  That would be different than tennis elbow.  I couldn't find anything specific for ganglia, but #4 Ferr Phos is great for inflammation.  #9 Nat Mur can be used for uneven water in the body.  Rhus Tox was recommended in the book for the tennis elbow problem.

Now, you don't take them all at once.  If you are not familiar with dosing, please do some reading on it.  You can not take too much, however it won't do you any good either.  The dosing is important.  

I wish your daughter well.  I will always try a natural remedy first.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Teddie  @tends2dogs  @Judaline 

Have you used DMSO? It's a topical used for pain and inflammation. You have to be very careful with how you handle it b/c it absorbs into the skin very easily and it takes in with it whatever else is on the skin at the time of application. I use it for joint pain in my hands mostly but not very often. DMSO reduces peripheral nerve conductivity, has anti-inflammatory properties often compared to NSAIDS and is a powerful antioxidant. DMSO is a very interesting substance and has a long history in homeopathic medicine.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Have you used DMSO? It's a topical used for pain and inflammation. You have to be very careful with how you handle it b/c it absorbs into the skin very easily and it takes in with it whatever else is on the skin at the time of application. I use it for joint pain in my hands mostly but not very often. DMSO reduces peripheral nerve conductivity, has anti-inflammatory properties often compared to NSAIDS and is a powerful antioxidant. DMSO is a very interesting substance and has a long history in homeopathic medicine.

I often wondered if this was still being sold. There was so much controversy over it at first. Banned, then allowed, then I don't know what. What if I had a roll on version of this in my medicine chest not used for about 10 years. Would you still use it?

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I often wondered if this was still being sold. There was so much controversy over it at first. Banned, then allowed, then I don't know what. What if I had a roll on version of this in my medicine chest not used for about 10 years. Would you still use it?

@Judaline 

No, I would buy new stuff. It's not expensive. I use a cream with 70% DMSO. That seems to be a concentration where it won't irritate the skin. I buy the Nature's Gift cream in a jar.  They make several different versions, unscented/scented and gels/creams included.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Judaline 

No, I would buy new stuff. It's not expensive. I use a cream with 70% DMSO. That seems to be a concentration where it won't irritate the skin. I buy the Nature's Gift cream in a jar.  They make several different versions, unscented/scented and gels/creams included.

Thanks-will check it out.  Good to know it's even available.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I am familiar.  I first heard of it from our vet back in the 80's.  I can't remember the ailment that he prescribed it for, but he said that it would make a garlic taste in our dogs mouth upon application.  Sure enough, when we applied it, she would start working her tongue.  Apparently it is used quite often for race horses.

I recently purchased a roll on version for my DH.  He found no relief from it.  Is this a cumulative remedy?  He gave up after using it for a week or so.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

I don't know if DMSO's effects are cumulative or not. For me it works rather quickly on my joint pain in my fingers. 

Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs 

Thank you so much for taking the time to send that detailed response. I appreciate that! I want to show this to my daughter when she has a chance and talk about it. I promise I’ll get back to you about this at a later time. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@tends2dogs 

Thank you so much for taking the time to send that detailed response. I appreciate that! I want to show this to my daughter when she has a chance and talk about it. I promise I’ll get back to you about this at a later time. 

I am anxious to hear what she thinks and if she is open to trying some of these remedies.  They certainly can do no harm.  

Again, I would get the book I recommended.  I never put it away......I go to it alot.