Valued Contributor

What Products Do You Use For Neuropathy Please?

Thank you for your suggestions 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Products Do You Use For Neuropathy Please?

For me, it is something to talk with my neurologist about.  Have tried several drugs.  It also depends on the cause.  This not something anyone here can advise about.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still Raining 

I am a patient of 2 neurologists and am asking for non prescription ideas please. Thank you

I should have been more specific. My apologies 

Esteemed Contributor

@Reconnaissant wrote:

@Still Raining 

I am a patient of 2 neurologists and am asking for non prescription ideas please. Thank you

It is a hard place isn't it?  I have tried every cream around, which are sort of a joke, and refuse opioids.  I do take a seizure med and an antidepressant.

For me, heat is a comfort, but nights can be hard.

Good luck in your search.

Honored Contributor

I have nerve damage from scleroderma. It's mostly in the joints of my hands and also in other joints, too. I take a 100% curcumin extract supp, standardized 95% w/ black pepper (aka turmeric extract). It helps with my pain and inflammation. 

Honored Contributor

I take 600 mg of alpha lipoic acid a day for mine. It's been shown to help with nerve pain. It's also is good for the skin and metabolism. Definitely worth a google if you want more info. Nerve pain is a bear to treat. 

Valued Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

@Reconnaissant wrote:

@Still Raining 

It is a hard place isn't it?  I have tried every cream around, which are sort of a joke, and refuse opioids.  I do take a seizure med and an antidepressant.

For me, heat is a comfort, but nights can be hard.

Good luck in your search.

@Still Raining 

Yes, it is a hard place. I use bed buddies for moist heat that can be used in the microwave. They come in many sizes too. All the prescription meds I have had allergic reactions too. That’s why I thought others may have some non prescription advice. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still Raining 

I use  Voltaren ointment.  I refuse to take medication for my neuropathy.  The Voltaren does not provide long-term relief,

but it does do enough short-term that I can usually fall asleep.  

Also take Alpha Lipoic Acid daily - recommended by Neurologists.

Best Wishes, it is a Beast!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse wrote:

I take 600 mg of alpha lipoic acid a day for mine. It's been shown to help with nerve pain. It's also is good for the skin and metabolism. Definitely worth a google if you want more info. Nerve pain is a bear to treat. 

Hi @Reconnaissant and @GenXmuse ,

I have neuropathy in my legs and feet.

I started to especially notice it when I started to have problems with poor circulation and Lymphedema.

I'm also dealing with neuropathy due to Type 2 Diabetes.

The supplements have especially helped with the zappy-type of nerve activity that I get in my feet and legs. It has improved, but they're not a cure, by any means.

I still take prescription meds., as well.

I see a D.O. or an Osteopath. He is fine with me taking different supplements.

I also take Alpha-Lipoic Acid. I also take it to help calm nerve activity.

I also take a Super B Complex Vitamin for the same reason.

I also have Fibromyalgia and chronic head, neck, and back pain from a car accident that I was in years ago.

For the Fibro., I take Malic Acid, and I also take Tart Cherry supplements to help with inflammation.

I also take a Magnesium supplement daily, as well.

I take maintenance doses of these supplements.

I started out on the smallest doses possible for awhile, and then worked my way to the safest therapeutic doses with my doctor's o.k.

Honored Contributor

I have neuropathy from chemo. in my hands/fingers and was in my feet too, altho that has cleared up ,but has taken years---I was dx in 2012 with breast cancer and the numbness is from that. I have tried a number of things but nothing has helped. google the B vitamines---took some of those too but don't recall the brands. If you have a dr that deals with that, I'd go see him/her.this condition is when the nerves are damaged--nerves take an enormous time to heal if they ever do. I have numbness and not pain of any kind. fingertips are numb and hands stiff and my dexterity is affected And am so clumsy too--drop things all the time as I don't have the grip I once had.