Regular Contributor

Re: What Products Do You Recommend For Fibromyalgia?

I have a friend who takes magnesium malate--has to be that form of magnesium, apparently.  She also takes Mucinex.

Seannie

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Seannie wrote:

I have a friend who takes magnesium malate--has to be that form of magnesium, apparently.  She also takes Mucinex.

Seannie

I take Magnesium, and Malic Acid separately. It's the equivalent to taking Magnesium Malate. 

I take it separately because it's easier for me personally to adjust/maintain the supplement doses that way. 

If someone is even going to try taking different supplements or other medications/products, I would really personally recommend talking to their doctor before doing so.

This is a general comment, and is not directed at anyone in particular. It just came to my mind out of concern, while typing my comments. Heart

The reason for this also being that certain supplements or products can also interact with certain medications that we're currently taking, too.

There is also a belief that Guifenesin--the medication in Mucinex--can help Fibro. patients, too. 

Esteemed Contributor

Just put https:// infront of the web links below . I start here with actual reseracrch info.

www.nccih.nih.gov/health/fibromyalgia-in-depth

" Arthritis Research & Therapy. 2014;16(4):R141. Perry R, Terry R, Ernst E. A systematic review of homoeopathy for the treatment of fibromyalgia. Clinical ... "

//pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/14734789/

" Improved clinical status in fibromyalgia patients treated with individualized homeopathic remedies versus placebo "

Trusted Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

Someone here mentioned this author (can't remember for what). Check your library. This is the description for "Medical Medium" by Anthony William - 

Medical Medium explores all-natural solutions for dozens of the illnesses that plague us, including Lyme disease, fibromyalgia, adrenal fatigue, chronic fatigue syndrome, hormonal imbalances, Hashimoto’s disease, multiple sclerosis, depression, neurological conditions, chronic inflammation, autoimmune disease, blood sugar imbalances, colitis and other digestive disorders, and more. 

I once saw an acupuncturist who told me about the Medical Medium and recommended I take colloidal silver for my RA.  I asked my naturopath about it and she said that's nuts and not to dare try it.  Just my opinion, but I think the MM is laughing all the way to the bank.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Puppymom1 wrote:

Do some research on Fibromyalgia and Mucinex.  Lots of info.  My friend has been using Mucinex for years to treat her Fibromyalgia with great success.  No meds,  She is a very healthy eater also.  Best of luck.

well, Mucinex IS a "med", and until fairly recently was a prescription one, but it does have a following, and I definitely notice that if I'm taking it for respiratory congestion, almost unfailingly have fewer fibro symptoms.

Honored Contributor

I've taken musinex and guaifenesin too for congestion stuff for a long time and did not notice any difference in symptoms for firbromayalgia.

I guess everyone is different in what works.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"